The original tribe of eight was soon joined by veteran and notorious villain Russell Hantz and although the tribe enjoyed early success, they were disillusioned by Hantz' reputation and former tactics that eventually led to his elimination at the hands of the Zapatera Six alliance after throwing a combined Reward/Immunity Challenge. Soon after, the tribe started losing challenges due to a shift in momentum and the majority alliance began to turn on one another. Ultimately, they entered the merge without the numbers and were quickly eliminated in succession.
Their tribe color is purple.
| File:S22 david t.jpgFile:S22 julie t.jpgFile:S22 krista t.jpg|
File:S22 mike t.jpgFile:S22 ralph t.jpgFile:S22 russell t.jpg
File:S22 sarita t.jpgFile:S22 stephanie t.jpgFile:S22 steve t.jpg
- David Murphy, a defense attorney from West Hollywood, California.
- Julie Wolfe, a firefighter from Oceanside, California.
- Krista Klumpp, a pharmaceutical representative from Columbia, South Carolina.
- Mike Chiesl, an Iraq War veteran from Del Mar, California.
- Ralph Kiser, a farmer from Lebanon, Virginia.
- [[Survivor: Samoa|»]][[Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains|»]] Russell Hantz, from Samoa and Heroes vs. Villains, infamously known for his devious lies and tricks through the use of the Hidden Immunity Idol.
- Sarita White, a visual effects producer from Santa Monica, California.
- Stephanie Valencia, a waitress from Long Beach, California.
- Steve Wright, a former NFL player from Huntington Beach, California.
- Zapatera's camp was previously used as the camp site for Espada and Libertad in Survivor: Nicaragua.
- Zapatera is the first tribe to experience a three-way tie vote at Tribal Council.
- Zapatera is the only tribe Russell Hantz was ever voted out of in his three seasons.
- Julie Wolfe is the only female member of Zapatera to make the merge.
- No original Zapatera members have returned for another season.