Once arrived on The Outpost, the castaways are greeted by host Matt Chisholm and will be required to participate in a 1v1 Reward Challenge, They will be rewarded with a Reward and/or a dilemma to complete.
The Outpost was first introduced on Day 5 in Survivor New Zealand: Thailand. The Two Tribes were required to send someone to The Outpost. Khangkhaw sent Tess Fahey and Chani sent JT Muirhead, Tess defeated JT in a firemaking challenge and was rewarded a Hidden Immunity Idol Clue.
On Day 11, Arun Bola of Chani and Josh Hickford of Khangkhaw did not participate in a challenge instead were given instructions to choose a someone from their tribe to sit out of the next Immunity Challenge. The person chosen to sit out would be immune if their tribe lost the challenge. Josh chose himself and Arun chose Eve.
The Outpost History
|Episode||Chani Representative||Khangkhaw Representative||Winner||Reward and/or Dilemma|
|Winner receives a buffet of food|
|N/A||Both representatives chose someone from their tribe to sit out of the next Immunity Challenge|
|Got to steal two items from the opposing tribe's camp|
|Vote Steal at the next Tribal Council the winner attends|
- JT Muirhead and Tess Fahey are the first two contestants to be sent to the Outpost.
- Tess is the first contestant to win a challenge at the Outpost.
- Arun Bola and Josh Hickford are the only two contestants to be sent to the Outpost but not participate in a challenge.
- Renee Clarke is the first and only contestant to win a challenge in the outpost for Chani.
- Brad Norris is the first person to not be sent to the Outpost, but become beneficiary of one of its rewards.
- He would later be followed by Eve Clarke.
- Every contestant that has gone to the Outpost represented the Tribe they were assigned to on Day 1.
- All contestants to win challenges at the Outpost were women.