The Beauty in a Merge is the seventh episode of Survivor: One World.
After being told they were merged, all twelve remaining castaways returned to the One World camp, where they found finger foods and champagne bottles. As Michael Jefferson opened up the champagne bottles, the new tribe feasted and celebrated a new beginning. On the other hand, Alicia Rosa felt betrayed by Colton Cumbie, who was medically evacuated from the game, because he chose to keep his Hidden Immunity Idol, forcing her to return to the five-person Salani Alliance she created on Day 1.
|“||This really feels like Survivor to me now.||”|
|“||The backstabbing is going to begin.||”|
The next morning, Troyzan Robertson proposed a new tribe name: "Tikiano", with "tiki" meaning "god" and "ano" meaning "year," thus forming "Year of God". Everybody agreed over breakfast, especially Tarzan Smith, who was longing for coffee, but Jay Byars told him only the members of the post-switch Salani tribe could consume the coffee since they won it. Jay decided to stick with the new Salani tribe and systematically vote out the new Manono tribe. Meanwhile, Tarzan believed that the original all-male Manono tribe are solid going up against the females, and approached Michael if the pact was still intact, where the latter halfheartedly agreed.
|“||It's like, "Ahh, here we are again, one big "happy" family all together."||”|
|“||I don't trust any of those guys and I don't like any of those guys. So I told Tarzan I'm in, but I'm not in with Tarzan.||”|
The new Tikiano tribe later met host Jeff Probst for their next Reward Challenge, where the host informed them that the groups would be divided into two groups of six. The blue team consisted of Michael, Tarzan, Jonas Otsuji, Kat Edorsson, Kim Spradlin, and Leif Manson, while the orange team consisted of Alicia, Jay, Troyzan, Chelsea Meissner, Christina Cha, and Sabrina Thompson.
Jay and Leif were the first two out for their teams. They each dug a hole in the sand to get under a fence. Jay got past Leif, who was stuck below the fence and returned with the first bag for the orange team. Leif finally released himself when Chelsea headed out for the orange team, and returned with the blue team's second bag just as Leif returned with the first bag for his team. The blue team eventually caught up with orange after faring better at the puzzle-building stage, but Christina and Troyzan finished their turtle puzzle first, winning reward for the orange team. Kat became emotional after the loss.
The winning team of Alicia, Chelsea, Christina, Jay, Sabrina, and Troyzan went to an uninhabited beach, where their pizza reward was waiting. While eating, Alicia read the note that came along with the reward, which informed them about a third Hidden Immunity Idol concealed somewhere at camp. The six agreed to keep the valuable information for themselves.
|“||My biggest concern if for someone on the Manono tribe to find the idol, going into the next vote and messing up our numbers, because we can't have a Salani go home.||”|
Back at the Tikiano camp, Jonas and Tarzan were discussing about the males bringing Alicia to their fold, but Jonas fumed because Tarzan spilled the whole plan to Michael, whom Jonas distrusted. Not wanting to be told what to do, Tarzan erupted at Jonas, ensuing an argument between the two. The conflict culminated with Tarzan opting to leave the Misfit Alliance.
|“||He's a loose cannon and he just does whatever the hell he wants. We can't have that.||”|
|“||I do not like that guy anymore. When I say something, I mean it from my heart and I don't go back on it.||”|
Challenge: Sea Turtles
The tribe will be divided into two groups of six. From each team, four members must retrieve four puzzle bags, which the two remaining players will solve. The first team to solve the turtle-shaped puzzle wins reward.
Reward: Pizza and beer
Winner: Orange Team (Alicia Rosa, Chelsea Meissner, Christina Cha, Jay Byars, Sabrina Thompson, and Troyzan Robertson)
| Tribal Council 7:|
Jonas (10 votes)
Alicia, Chelsea, Christina, Jay, Kat, Kim, Michael, Sabrina, Tarzan, Troyzan
Michael (2 votes)
| VOTED OUT:|
Jonas is shown writing Michael's name down on the parchment. Tarzan is shown writing Jonas' name down on the parchment.
|“||So I came here to go big or go home, and I went big and now I'm going home. (laughs) But you know, I-I gave it all I got, and the fact that I got voted out, it kinda sucks, but, you know, at least-- at least they said I was a good fisherman and a good cook. (laughs)||”|
Still in the Running
Behind The Scenes
- In a Day 18 secret scene, Alicia Rosa pulls Christina Cha aside and apologizes for her prior mistreatment of her.
Life at Ponderosa
- After leaving Tribal Council, Jonas Otsuji was sent to Dr. Ramona Salins to have his medical checkup. During Jonas' weigh-in, it was revealed that he started the game with 168 lbs. and lost 12 lbs. after twenty days, dropping to 156 lbs. Jonas hoped to maintain his trimmed-down body. After the medical, Jonas was transported to Ponderosa, where he ate to his heart's content. While holding his hygiene kit in his sleeping tent, Jonas revealed he was using a paring knife to cut his fingernails while he was a camp.
- Jonas claimed that from all the crabs he had cooked and ate, he considered the Coconut crab as the most delicious. He later teamed up with Ponderosa's resident cook, Chef Simon, in cooking one.
- The next morning, Jonas munched on a heavy breakfast before heading to the beach. For dinner, Jonas ate a plateful of fried chicken, saying that if he could eat one specific food for the rest of his life, it would be fried chicken.
- This episode marked the first Reward Challenge to be held immediately after the merge with all members of the merged tribe still in the game since "Desperate Measures" 19 seasons ago.
- Jonas Otsuji's departure from the game marks the first time this season there were more females remaining than males. It also marks the last time in which the number of remaining females was not greater than the number of remaining males.
|Survivor: One World Episodes|
"Two Tribes, One Camp, No Rules" · "Total Dysfunction" · "One World Is Out the Window" · "Bum-Puzzled" · "A Bunch of Idiots" · "Thanks for the Souvenir" · "The Beauty in a Merge" · "Just Annihilate Them" · "Go Out with a Bang" · "I'm No Dummy" · "Never Say Die" · "It's Gonna Be Chaos" · "It's Human Nature" · "Perception Is Not Always Reality" · "Reunion"