Survivor South Africa is the South African version of Survivor. The series was first broadcast on September 3, 2006.
- Main article: Survivor (franchise)
The South African version of the show follows the same basic format of the American version.
- Main article: Tribe
The fifth season of the show introduced two South African sports champions as captains of the tribes. They would live at the camps, compete in the challenges with the tribes, and made some decisions, but they couldn't be voted out nor have a vote at Tribal Council. However, both of them would vote at the Final Tribal Council to help to decide the winner.
- Main article: Immunity Idol
Hidden Immunity Idol
- Main article: Hidden Immunity Idol
Unlike the American version of the show, the players in Season 5, Survivor South Africa: Champions, were allowed to steal Hidden Immunity Idols from other's possessions.
- Main article: Exile Island (twist)
Dead Man's Island
- Main article: Redemption Island (international twist)
Used only in Survivor South Africa: Panama, the castaways voted out after the merge were taken to an island without knowledge of the remaining players in the game, where they would wait for a chance to compete for two spots to re-enter the game at the Final Three.
- Main article: Tribal Council
- Main article: Torch
- Main article: Merge
- Main article: Immunity Necklace
Final Tribal Council
- Main article: Final Tribal Council
The cast of the third season of the show was compound of eighteen South African celebrities, each of whom was playing the game to raise money for a charity of their choice.
The fourth season had its cast made up by nine South African celebrities, competing with ten regular South African citizens.
- Survivor South Africa: Panama took place on the Pearl Islands in the Gulf of Panama, in June and July 2006. The competition lasted for 29 days and was broadcast in 13 episodes from September to November 2006. The 14 castaways were split into the Rana and Aguila tribes, eventually merging into the Burba tribe. The winner was Vanessa Marawa, a real estate agent from Durban.
- Survivor South Africa: Malaysia took place in Johor, Malaysia, in May and June 2007. The competition lasted for 27 days and was broadcast in 14 episodes from August to November 2007. The 16 castaways were split into the Bajau and Iban tribes, eventually merging into the Empu tribe. The winner was Lorette Mostert, an SAPS Superintendent from Middelburg, Mpumalanga.
- Survivor South Africa: Santa Carolina took place on Santa Carolina, an island in the Bazaruto Archipelago off Mozambique, in November and December 2009. The competition lasted for 27 days and was broadcast in 15 episodes from January to April 2010. The 18 castaways were split up into the Chibudu and Timbila tribes, eventually merging into the Kululama tribe. The winner was GiGi van Schalkwyk, an exotic dancer and club owner from Johannesburg.
- Survivor South Africa: Maldives was filmed in the Addu Atoll in the Maldives in October and November 2010. The first episode aired on 24 February 2011. The 19 castaways were split into the Raituhn and Goma tribe. The season was won by actor Hykie Berg.
- Survivor South Africa: Champions was filmed in the Johor, Malaysia in October 2013. It had two South African sports champions that led the tribes. The 20 castaways were split into the Selatan and Utara tribes, eventually merging into the Juara tribe. The winner was Graham Jenneker, a financial manager from Bellville.
- Survivor South Africa: Philippines was filmed in the Palawan Province of the Philippines in January–February 2018. The season lasted for 39 days. The 18 castaways were split into the Luzon and Mindanao. Later in the game, the Visayas tribe was added. The three tribes eventually merged into the Araw tribe. The winner was Tom Swartz, an adventure camp manager from Port Elizabeth.
- Survivor South Africa: Island of Secrets was filmed on the island of Upolu, Samoa, and was broadcast from May to September 2019. The 21 castaways were divided into three tribes, Laumei, [[|]], and [[|]], eventually merging into the Manumalo tribe. It utilized the Island of Secrets twist, where contestants could find advantages while exiled. It was won by Rob Bentele, an events videographer.
- Survivor South Africa: Immunity Island was announced in December 2019. On the 16th of April 2020, it was announced by M-Net that the season would be postponed indefinitely  as a result of the global measures in preventing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. To ensure the safety of the film production, crew and contestants that had been cast, M-Net felt the need to halt production before it began. Afrokaans and M-Net will continue to assess the pandemic and safety situation before making plans to start up production of the season again.
Survivor (U.S.) · Expedition Robinson · Australian Survivor · Celebrity Camp · Expeditie Robinson · Koh-Lanta · No Limite · Robinson Ekspeditionen · Supervivientes · Survivor Philippines · Survivor South Africa · Survivor (U.K.) · Trosečník · Hisardut · Mexico (La Isla: El Reality · Survivor México) · Survivor (Africa) · Expedición Robinson (Argentina) · Expedición Robinson (Chile) · Expedición Róbinson (Colombia) · La Isla de los FamoS.O.S. · Expedición Robinson (Ecuador) · Robinson: La Gran Aventura · Into The Shangri-La · Survivor India · Survivor Japan · Survivor NZ · Survivor Pakistan · Baltic Robinson · Survivor BG · Survivor Croatia · Robinsonův ostrov · Suomen Robinson · Selviytyjät Suomi · Ukanaskneli Gmiri · Survivor (Germany) · Survivor (Greece) · Survivor – A Sziget · Survivor Italia · L'Isola dei Famosi · Robinsonekspedisjonen · Survivor (Poland) · Survivor (Portugal) · Supraviețuitorul · Last Hero (Russia) · Expedition Robinson VIP · Survivor (Slovenia) · Ostrov · Expedition Robinson (Switzerland) · Survivor Turkey · Last Hero (Ukraine) · Survivor (Arab World) · Extreme Azerbaijan · Survivor Srbija