Survivor: Island of the Idols is the thirty-ninth season of Survivor.
Starting with this season, Canadian citizens are eligible to apply for Survivor.
- Mentors: Two former Survivor winners, Rob Mariano and Sandra Diaz-Twine, would return for this season as mentors to the castaways this season. They will be living on the eponymous Island of the Idols, living in similar conditions to the castaways, albeit with better initial supplies. Neither coach is directly competing in the game nor eligible to win the million dollar prize.
- With this season, Fiji sets the record for the most-used country of the American Survivor franchise, with eight seasons filmed in the country, following Fiji, Millennials vs. Gen X, Game Changers, Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers, Ghost Island, David vs. Goliath, and Edge of Extinction.
- Island of the Idols marks the first time a country is used seven consecutive times.
- As seen in the preview, the mentors will be wearing Buffs from their previous seasons.
- ↑ https://www.truedorktimes.com/s39/calendar.htm
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/recommended/news/1009303/check-out-premiere-dates-from-the-2019-cbs-fall-primetime-schedule-including-ncis-and-survivor/?ftag=EOS-05-10aca0c
- ↑ https://etcanada.com/news/371354/jeff-probst-announces-canadians-are-now-eligible-to-compete-on-survivor/
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-boston-rob-sandra-diaz-twine-season-39-island-idols-explained-1210431
|Survivor (US) Seasons|
Borneo • The Australian Outback • Africa • Marquesas • Thailand • The Amazon • Pearl Islands • All-Stars • Vanuatu • Palau • Guatemala • Panama • Cook Islands • Fiji • China • Micronesia • Gabon • Tocantins • Samoa • Heroes vs. Villains • Nicaragua • Redemption Island • South Pacific • One World • Philippines • Caramoan • Blood vs. Water • Cagayan • San Juan del Sur • Worlds Apart • Cambodia • Kaôh Rōng • Millennials vs. Gen X • Game Changers • Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers • Ghost Island • David vs. Goliath • Edge of Extinction • Island of the Idols