Survivor: David vs. Goliath is the thirty-seventh season of Survivor.
- David vs. Goliath: The castaways were divided into tribes defined by their degree of success in life. The David tribe is comprised of castaways perceived as underdogs, while the Goliath tribe is comprised of castaways who are on top of their respective fields.
- Hidden Immunity Idol
- Tribe Expansion: On Day 10, fifteen of the sixteen remaining players were randomly spread across three tribes of five. The David and Goliath tribes were renamed Vuku and Jabeni respectively, and a third tribe, Tiva, was introduced.
- One-time Exile Island: The castaway who did not receive a buff during the Tribe Expansion was sent to Exile Island with the opportunity to find the Idol Nullifier. The exiled player later joined the tribe that went to Tribal Council, replacing the member it lost.
- Idol Nullifier: This new advantage was introduced on Day 10 following the Tribe Expansion, and can be used to void the use of a Hidden Immunity Idol. If a player obtains and uses the Idol Nullifier, they must correctly guess who will play the idol (or to whom the idol will be played for) while casting a vote. An incorrect guess will not only result in the advantage being wasted, but the identity of the user of the Idol Nullifier will also remain anonymous.
- Early Merge: The merge occurred with thirteen players remaining.
- Vote Steal: A vote steal was hidden after the merge.
- Simplified Final Four Tribal Council: Instead of a traditional vote, the person who wins the final four Immunity Challenge will get to choose one person to take with them to the Final Three. The remaining two castaways would compete in a fire-making challenge to determine who would be eliminated.
|Original Tribe1||Expanded Tribe||Merged Tribe|
40, Watervliet, NY
19, Lakeland, FL
|David|| 1st Voted Out|
40, New York City, NY
|Goliath|| 2nd Voted Out|
28, Houston, TX
25, Irvine, CA
|Goliath||Vuku|| 3rd Voted Out|
57, Los Angeles, CA
|Goliath||Jabeni|| 4th Voted Out|
36, Boston, MA
|David||Jabeni|| 5th Voted Out|
31, Longview, TX
|David||Vuku||Kalokalo|| 6th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
38, Los Angeles, CA
|Goliath||Tiva|| 7th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
24, San Clemente, CA
28, Chapel Hill, NC
28, San Clemente, CA
41, Houston, TX
32, Tallahassee, FL
27, Gainesville, FL
30, Atlanta, GA
25, Denver, CO
30, San Diego, CA
47, Los Angeles, CA
27, Williamsburg, KY
^1 Vuku and Jabeni were known as "David" and "Goliath" respectively for the first 10 days of the game.
|1||"Appearances Are Deceiving"||September 26, 2018||David||Pat||No vote||Evacuated|
|2||"The Chicken Has Flown the Coop"||October 3, 2018||Goliath1||Jessica||5-4|| 1st Voted Out|
|3||"I Am Goliath Strong"||October 10, 2018||David1||Jeremy||9-1|| 2nd Voted Out|
|4||"Time to Bring About the Charmpocalypse"||October 17, 2018||Carl2||Bi||No vote|| Quit|
|Tiva1||Natalia||3-1-1||3rd Voted Out|
|5||"Jackets and Eggs"||October 24, 2018||Vuku||Vuku||Natalie||3-2||4th Voted Out|
|6||"Aren't Brochachos Just Adorable?"||October 31, 2018||Tiva||Tiva||Lyrsa||3-1||5th Voted Out|
|7||"There's Gonna Be Tears Shed"||November 7, 2018||None||Alison||Elizabeth||12-1|| 6th Voted Out|
1st Jury Member
|8||"You Get What You Give"||November 14, 2018|| Alec, Alison,|
|Dan||John||3-0-03|| 7th Voted Out|
2nd Jury Member
|9||"Breadth-First Search"||November 21, 2018|| 8th Voted Out|
3rd Jury Member
|10||"Tribal Lines Are Blurred"||November 28, 2018|| 9th Voted Out|
4th Jury Member
| 10th Voted Out|
5th Jury Member
^1 Combined Reward and Immunity Challenge.
|Survivor: David vs. Goliath Voting History|
|Tribes||Original Tribes||Expanded Tribes||Merged Tribe|
|Voted Off:|| |
|Vote:||No vote1||5-4||9-1||No vote2||3-1-1||3-2||3-1||12-1||3-0-04||TBD||TBD||TBD|
^1 Pat was medically evacuated over his injured back. No vote occurred for his removal.
- With this season, Fiji sets the record for the most-used country of the whole US Survivor franchise, with six seasons filmed in the country, following Survivor: Fiji, Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X, Survivor: Game Changers, Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers, and Survivor: Ghost Island.
- The Tribal Council set is specifically designed to hide the voting booth away from the contestants to prevent them from catching who played the Idol Nullifier advantage.
- This marks the first time that tribes are officially renamed, as David and Goliath were renamed to Vuku and Jabeni, respectively, after the tribe expansion.
- David vs. Goliath is the second season, following Survivor: Micronesia, to have both an evacuation and a quit.
- Along with Survivor: The Australian Outback, this season has the fewest pre-merge Tribal Councils, with only five.
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-fall-preview-2018/news/1008633/the-cbs-fall-2018-19-tv-premiere-schedule-has-us-pumped-for-primetime/
- ↑ http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/survivor/listings/
- ↑ https://www.truedorktimes.com/s37/calendar.htm
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-david-goliath-jeff-probst-season-37-1139268
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/24/survivor-finale-jeff-probst-ghost-island-tie/
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/wednesday-final-ratings-sept-26-2018/
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/wednesday-final-ratings-oct-3-2018/
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-wednesday-oct-17-2018/
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/wednesday-final-ratings-oct-17-2018/
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/wednesday-final-ratings-oct-24-2018/
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/wednesday-final-ratings-oct-31-2018/
|Survivor (US) Seasons|
Borneo • The Australian Outback • Africa • Marquesas • Thailand • The Amazon • Pearl Islands • All-Stars • Vanuatu • Palau • Guatemala • Panama • Cook Islands • Fiji • China • Micronesia • Gabon • Tocantins • Samoa • Heroes vs. Villains • Nicaragua • Redemption Island • South Pacific • One World • Philippines • Caramoan • Blood vs. Water • Cagayan • San Juan del Sur • Worlds Apart • Cambodia • Kaôh Rōng • Millennials vs. Gen X • Game Changers • Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers • Ghost Island • David vs. Goliath