Stairway to the Stars is a recurring challenge of Survivor.
Each tribe has five logs. The goal is to transport the five logs from the start position through a series of obstacles to a tower, where they must build a staircase. The first tribe to successfully build the staircase and have one member race to the top of the tower wins.
In Survivor: All-Stars, the tribes would need to swim out to retrieve logs that are adrift at sea, with each tribe losing a member after each plank was recovered so that only one castaway would be left to retrieve the final log. The first tribe to build the stairway and use it to reach a platform would win a tarp and blankets. Saboga won. As additional stipulation, the first placing tribe will have a choice between keeping their reward, or they would exchange it for a piece of flint, an extra cooking pot, and a clue to the whereabouts of the first key to their tribe's rice crate. If the winning tribe picks the flint and pot, the two losing tribes would also get the same prize. Saboga chose to give up tarps and blankets in exchange for flint; Chapera and Mogo Mogo would also obtain a flint, a pot, and a clue.
"Who's Zooming Whom?"
"Panicked, Desperate, Thirsty as Hell"
- Ethan Zohn, Lex van den Berghe, and Tom Buchanan have all competed in this challenge twice.
- However, only Ethan won in any season.
- This was the only challenge that Saboga successfully finished in first.
- Both times this challenge was used, a red and a yellow tribe competed in it.
- Both times this challenge was used, one person of the winning tribe became the sixth person voted out in that season.