When a castaway gets voted out from a tribe, the host would ask that contestant to hand over their torch and insert it in a designated hole in front of the host, where the host will use the snuffer to cover the lit torch, extinguishing it in the process, leaving smoke behind to arise out of the torch after it has been snuffed. In some cases, the snuffer is half-filled with water, for more effectiveness.
- Survivor: Borneo - A small coconut shell attached to a rattan stick handle.
- Survivor: The Australian Outback - A stone with an aborigine motif etched on its top with a wooden handle.
- Survivor: Africa - A leather basket with African prints and feathers.
- Survivor: Marquesas - A large coconut shell with a tree branch as the handle.
- Survivor: Thailand - A golden cone-shaped snuffer with a dragon as the handle.
- Survivor: The Amazon - A black shell with motifs painted on its top with a human bone as the handle.
- Survivor: Pearl Islands - A pirate's ax welded to a bell.
- Survivor: All-Stars - A conch shell .
- Survivor: Vanuatu - A large war club.
- Survivor: Palau - An army canteen cover with a machine gun shroud as the handle.
- Survivor: Guatemala - An ancient Maya mask.
- Survivor: Panama - A small skull with a snake as the handle.
- Survivor: Cook Islands - An old ship bell.
- Survivor: Fiji - A large skull with a curved Fijian war club as the handle.
- Survivor: China - A Chinese bell with a dragon holding a jade green pearl in its mouth as the handle.
- Survivor: Micronesia - A vulture with a bowl in its mouth.
- Survivor: Gabon - An elephant with its trunk as the handle.
- Survivor: Tocantins - An etched Brazilian pot with feathers and a tree branch as the handle.
- Survivor: Samoa - A large Samoan war club with spikes and etched motifs.
- Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains - A large white trumpet shell attached with ropes to a stick as the handle.
- Survivor: Nicaragua - A silver bowl with flower and rapier designs on it with a metal snake as the handle.
- Survivor: Redemption Island - A jaguar head with etched motifs.
- Survivor: South Pacific - A lizard's head with its tail the handle, with motifs etched on lizard's body.
- Survivor: One World - A coconut clutched by an iguana roped to a wooden handle.
- Survivor: Philippines - A red bowl with a rooster, water buffalo, and a monkey climbing on top of it.
- Survivor: Caramoan - A large bowl with a small skull on top of it.
- Survivor: Blood vs. Water - A silver bowl with etched Asian motifs.
- Survivor: Cagayan - A carved bird's head attached to a piece of carved wood as the handle.
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur - A skull covered with turquoise tiles with a piece of carved wood as the handle.
- Survivor: Worlds Apart - A broken lantern attached to a piece of driftwood.
- Survivor: Cambodia - A rusty bell-shaped snuffer with faces and Khmer motifs etched on it.
- Survivor: Kaôh Rōng - A wooden bowl shaped snuffer with teeth around it and feather ponytail on top.
- Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X - A nautilus shell with ropes attaching it to a wooden handle.
- Survivor: Game Changers - A sheave pulley connected to a carved birch handle.
- Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers - A sheave pulley roped to a ship's wheel's handle and a cog.
- Survivor: Ghost Island - A bowl with Tiki masks and a bone with spines as the handle.
- Survivor: David vs. Goliath - A rock tied by rope to a wooden handle with spikes on it.
- Survivor: Edge of Extinction - A bowl-like object grasped by a predatory bird's claw.
- Survivor: Island of the Idols - A carved wooden Fijian battle club.
- Survivor: Winners at War - A war hammer.
- While most of the show's memorabilia is auctioned for charity, Jeff Probst keeps the snuffers as souvenirs.
- The past snuffers would eventually be reused as decor in Ghost Island, hanging from the island's shelter's ceiling.
- Skulls are the most commonly used objects as snuffers, followed by shells.