Due to being an outsider of the tribe and for failing the first Immunity Challenge, Semhar was seen as an easy vote. Her desperate attempts of trying to survive in the game only furthered her demise, as she was unanimously voted out. She lost the first Redemption Island duel to Christine Shields Markoski and was eliminated on Day 6.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Semhar Tadesse (24)
Tribe Designation: Savaii
Current Residence: Los Angeles, California
Occupation: Spoken word artist
Personal claim to fame: My poetry on YouTube.
Inspiration in life: Oprah because she is inspirational and loving. She makes a positive contribution to so many lives. She is a successful business woman and a worldwide teacher.
Hobbies: Writing/performing poetry, dancing and watching Oprah
Pet peeves: Liars
3 words to describe you: Silly, flirty and sensitive.
Survivor contestant you are most like: Fabio, because he was silly and underestimated.
Reason for being on Survivor: For the money, change and challenges.
Why you think you'll "survive"Survivor: I'm a people person. I can make friends with almost anyone. I would bring laughter, positivity and my knowledge and experiences from living in Eritrea.
Why you think you will be the Sole Survivor: I think I'll win Survivor because I'm the girl that no one would expect to. I'm slick and sweet.
In the beginning, Semhar was seen as one of the most endearing members of the Savaii tribe, captivating the hearts of her tribemates by her talent in poetry. Taking notice of her, Savaii's returning contestant, Ozzy Lusth immediately made an alliance with her.
At the inaugural Immunity Challenge on Day 3, which required throwing coconuts onto a net, Semhar delegated herself to throw the coconuts for her tribe. Though she showed promise by shooting her first coconut in the net, Semhar became increasingly exhausted as the challenge went on, missing her subsequent attempts. This gave an opening for to the rival Upolu tribe to catch up and eventually win the challenge by a hair. Visibly upset by the loss, tribemate Jim Rice openly vented his feelings before leaving the challenge area. The gesture stirred conflict between Semhar and Jim, where the latter campaigning for the former's ouster. Later, Ozzy advised Semhar to collect votes to dispose John Cochran, who was also seen as a physical weak link. Learning Ozzy's plan of keeping her, Jim was becoming suspicious, sensing that the veteran player had ulterior motives. At Tribal Council, Semhar was further castigated for doing poorly at the challenge, while John promised that he will be an asset in the long run. Despite Ozzy's efforts to save his ally, John's statements worked against Semhar's favor. With all eight votes against her (including Ozzy's), the spoken word artist was the first castaway to be sent to Redemption Island.
Upon reaching Redemption Island, Semhar became emotional on how "cold-hearted" her tribemates were. As a solution, she used her poetry abilities to console herself. Three days later at the first duel, Semhar said a prayer before the duel began, visibly boring Jeff Probst and some of the people who volunteered watching the challenge. Unfortunately, Semhar was ultimately eliminated from the competition after losing against Upolu's Christine Shields Markoski. Before leaving, Semhar gave Christine her sweater as a parting gift.
|Semhar's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Cochran|| Cochran, Dawn, Elyse, Jim,|
Keith, Mark, Ozzy, Whitney
|Voted Out, Day 3|
|2||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 6|
- Tadesse was arrested for drunk driving and possession of .14, but paid a $5,000 bail.
- Semhar was the youngest female member of the Savaii tribe.
- In an interview on Rob Has a Podcast, Semhar claimed that during the Immunity Challenge in "I Need Redemption", Jim Rice was initially tapped to be one of Savaii's three shooters, but stepped down. Since nobody would want to take the role as third shooter, Semhar nominated herself instead.
- In an interview with TV Guide, Semhar revealed that the location of Redemption Island was at the other end of an island where the Savaii tribe camp was situated.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/user/rahmes100/videos
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/62891/
- ↑ http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2011/10/30/survivor-south-pacifics-semhar-tadesse-arrested-for-dui/%7C
- ↑ http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-south-pacific-semhar-tadesse/
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/news/survivor-semhar-tadesse-1038277/
|Survivor: South Pacific Castaways|