She is best known for her early leadership within the Salani tribe and keeping her allies together along with Kim Spradlin. However, she purposefully faded into the background after the merge in the shadow of bigger personalities, losing the million dollar prize to the more aggressive and charismatic Kim.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Sabrina Thompson (33)
Tribe Designation: Salani<font style="background-color:#6CBDB6; border-color:#6CBDB6; color:black; border-radius:3px; padding:2px;">Salani</font>
Current Residence: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Occupation: High-School Teacher
Personal Claim to Fame: Co-founder of a non-profit organization, WEEN, that has gained 43K members in just three years.
Inspiration in Life: My brother. He is three years older than me and I have always looked up to him. He introduced me to Hip Hop, sports and a great work ethic. He's a great role model, husband and a father to his family.
Hobbies: Traveling, photography and painting.
Pet Peeves: People who put leashes on kids! Really?! Also, people who enter elevators or subways before others exit, people who spit and guys that constantly adjust their genitals.
3 Words to Describe You: Blunt, versatile and athletic.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Sandra Diaz-Twine, she's a beast! She's likable but it's definitely about business. I appreciate her blunt style.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: The challenge. Many things come easily to me so I want to see if this will be the ultimate challenge.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: My skills as a supreme persuader because I used to book guests for talk shows. I adapt to all personalities since I teach high school in Brooklyn and my athleticism and excellent communication ability.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I have a superb balance of wit, athleticism and social charisma. I know how to stroke egos and get people to do what I want...then go for the kill when they least expect it.
Sabrina entered the game on the all-female Salani tribe, where she was immediately approached by Alicia Rosa for an alliance of five, which also consisted of Kat Edorsson, Kim Spradlin, and Chelsea Meissner. Sabrina showed disdain upon knowing that Salani would be living alongside the rival all-male Manono tribe, whose gesture at the first meeting (e.g. stealing their supplies and leaving them with very few items) was deemed unethical by the women.
Like several of the Salani women, Sabrina grew an attachment with Manono's Colton Cumbie, who was the odd-man out of the Manono, being the only gay member in their tribe. On Day 2, after taking a bath, Sabrina found the a Hidden Immunity Idol, only to find out that it was the Manono tribe's Idol, and since she was on the Salani tribe, she had to give it to a member of Manono before the next Tribal Council. Sensing that Colton was in trouble, she gave the Manono Idol to him as a sign of goodwill for being friendlier with the women than he ever was with his own tribe mates.
Though Salani lost the first Immunity Challenge, Sabrina was safe, as one of her tribe mates, Kourtney Moon, was injured and had to leave the game on Day 3. The alliance kept its dominance and voted out Nina Acosta on Day 5 for her weakness in challenges.
On Day 8, Sabrina was chosen to be the leader for the Immunity Challenge. The Salani women were behind at first, but Sabrina made a huge comeback during the puzzle challenge. Sabrina beat Bill and won immunity for herself and her tribe.
|Sabrina's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Salani Tribe Immune|
|4||Salani Tribe Immune|
|5||Salani Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
- Thompson launched a media production conpany called KUU productions www.kuuproductions.com that specializes in photography, short documentaries, digital campaigns and more. Her clients now include HBO, BET, Verizon, Saks 5th Avenue, RocNation Sports and more.
- In March 2016, she was picked to be one of Hillary Clinton's cinematographers to cover her visual needs centering around African American women and gun reform, especially parents that have lost their children to gun violence.
- Sabrina is set to direct a new TV and Web series called The Department of... Ed which will debut in Fall 2016.
- Sabrina revealed that she was added to the cast almost due to mistaken identity. She stated that the casting directors already picked another woman, also named Sabrina Thompson. But when they read her profile, she was taken over the original pick.
- Sabrina is tied with Kristina Kell and Carolyn Rivera for the second earliest discovery of a Hidden Immunity Idol by a woman, finding one on Day 2.
- Sabrina was one of 32 contestants eligible to be selected to compete on Survivor: Cambodia, but was not chosen in the final vote.
|Survivor: One World Castaways|