An arrogant personality at camp, Nick saw himself as a master strategist despite being on tribes so strong that he did not need to visit Tribal Council. Though he briefly managed to ingratiate himself with Scot Pollard and Kyle Jason after the merge, he failed to build meaningful social connections with the other castaways. After Cydney Gillon decided to rally the women and start a revolt against the men, Nick became their first victim.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Nick Maiorano (30)
Tribe Designation: Beauty
Current Residence: Redondo Beach, Calif.
Occupation: Personal Trainer
Personal Claim to Fame: I'll always be a better listener than you. Meaning, I listen to people better than you do, I'm more interested in people than you are, and I accept people more than you do. And yes, sometimes I pretend to do these things, but at least I pretend, whereas you just check out and are narcissistic.
Inspiration in Life: I didn't have a hero last time I applied and still don't. No human is a hero. I'm my own hero because I love the person I am.
Hobbies: Writing, exercising and managing web projects.
Pet Peeves: These aren't necessarily pet peeves, but angry, loud and rude people who don't know how to hold a conversation.
3 Words to Describe You: Obsessive-compulsive, receptive and contrarian.
If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? Alcohol. There's nothing like a truth serum to give the other contestants. A picture of other contestant's loved ones to negotiate with. A vacuum, so people think I'm dumber than they initially thought.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Courtney Yates and Jonathan Penner, personality wise. But I'm much more socially intelligent than they are.
Reason for Being on Survivor: Winning a million dollars and showing the other contestants that signing up for my season of Survivor was a bad idea.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" Survivor: I'm athletic, but the most useful skill is my positive nature. Other members of the group will feed off my positive demeanor and remain upbeat or at least feel better once they have a conversation with me.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: It's simple. I'm charismatic and manipulative. This isn't something I'm proud to admit, but it's true.
Nick Maiorano started off on the Beauty tribe, where an all-female alliance was forming between the tribe's three girls. Oblivious to the scheming, Nick was obsessed with strategy and showed himself to be cold and apathetic to tribal dynamics. This averted the entire tribe from him, but because he was never sent to Tribal Council due to Gondol's perfect challenge run, he was protected from elimination.
On Day 14, a tribe switch occurred, putting Nick and fellow beauty Michele Fitzgerald on the new Chan Loh tribe. Once again, his tribe won immunity, and on Gondol, the leader of the scheme against him, Anna was blindsided. On Chan Loh, Debbie had formed a "loving" relationship with Nick out of humor. The new tribe went on to lose the Reward Challenge, missing out on a picnic, but then won the Immunity Challenge in a close finish.
On Day 17, Nick and the rest of Chan Loh packed their bags and boarded a boat, and the remaining eleven castaways merged into Dara. Nick and Michele found themselves the swing votes of the first Tribal Council, as both castaways had formed relationships with both the Brawns and the Brains. Debbie attempted to pull Nick, Michele, and Tai Trang into the Brains' alliance of four, but her aggressive approach rubbed them all the wrong way and gave the trio an incentive to join the opposing alliance of Cydney, Julia, Jason, and Scot. A drunken Jason informed Nick of the involvement of a super idol, and told him that both he and Tai possessed a half of the idol which could be played after the vote. Nick was happy that, in addition to joining a tight alliance, his alliance members had no qualms about revealing sensitive information.
Nick went on to win the first individual Immunity Challenge, Roller Ball, by outlasting Julia and Tai. He anticipated the Tribal Council, knowing that he was protected by immunity and brimming with the excitement of blindsiding Aubry, a member of the Brains' alliance. However, Dara did not attend Tribal Council that day due to a medical evacuation following an unexpected island house call to check on the tribe's members who had previously revealed an extensive string of injuries. Because Neal was sent for medical attention, Tribal Council was cancelled.
While the Brains reeled from the shock of Neal's evacuation, Nick was happy to have a member of the opposing alliance (especially one suspected to possess an idol) eliminated as it took him and his alliance a step closer to the Final Tribal Council. The next day, the first Post-Merge Reward Challenge was conducted. Nick was chosen by Julia to be on her team, which scored a blowout victory against Aubry's. He won ice cream, and was given the chance to bond with his team members. However, following the reward, Nick confronted Julia after seeing her and other female tribe members together on the boat. Cydney saw this, and felt offended that he thought that an all-female alliance was in the works. To put him in his place, she contemplated forming such an alliance against the men.
At the second individual Immunity Challenge, Nick gritted his teeth to outlast the Brains in order to guarantee that one of them would be voted off next. However, he dropped out in third place. Despite losing immunity, he publicly conveyed his confidence to the men of his alliance. He prayed that his first Tribal Council would not be bittersweet. Tai eventually pulled off an unexpected victory over Cydney.
At camp, Nick pulled Aubry aside and offered her a spot in the split vote which his alliance was orchestrating. He told her to cast a vote against Debbie, and Aubry took his proposal into consideration. However, Cydney then started work on her all-female alliance by holding separate discussions with the Brains women (Aubry and Debbie) and the Beauty women (Julia and Michele). Unbeknownst to him, Nick was put up on the chopping block.
At his first Tribal Council, Nick was blindsided when he found out that the women plus Joe had cast their votes against him. With six votes, he became the second jury member, and was disappointed by the bittersweet experience which he had predicted.
At Final Tribal Council, Nick, the first juror to speak, told the finalists that animosity will be coming their way and they should take advantage of every question they are asked. Nick told Michele to show intelligence in her game, told Tai to show awareness in his game, and told Aubry to show confidence. Nick ended his speech by saying his vote was up in the air. Ultimately, Nick gave his jury vote to Aubry, who eventually lost to Michele in a 5-2-0 vote.
|Nick's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Gondol Tribe Immune|
|2||Gondol Tribe Immune|
|3||Gondol Tribe Immune|
|4||Gondol Tribe Immune|
|5||Chan Loh Tribe Immune|
|6||Chan Loh Tribe Immune|
|7||No Tribal Council1|
|8||Debbie|| Aubry, Cydney, Debbie,|
Joe, Julia, Michele
|Voted Out, Day 22|
| Voted for|
^1 In It's Merge Time, Nick won the Immunity Challenge, but his immunity was voided due to Neal's medical evacuation.
- On March 22, 2017, Nick, along with Fabio Birza, appeared on an episode of Pen Fan Forum hosted by Andrea Boehlke to discuss the fourth episode of Survivor: Game Changers. He appeared in another episode on April 19, 2017 along with Francesca Hogi to discuss the eighth and ninth episodes of Game Changers.
- Nick, along with nineteen other former Survivor contestants, competed in the first Survivor-themed mini-competition of Sequester on May 23, 2020. He was eliminated in the second round, finishing in 19th place.
- Prior to competing on Survivor, Nick was a blogger on Rob Has a Podcast.
- Nick revealed he and Survivor: Caramoan castaway Eddie Fox were alternates for Survivor: Philippines castaway Pete Yurkowski, but were cut and pushed to Caramoan finals.
- Nick, along with Michele Fitzgerald and Chris Noble currently hold the record for surviving the most days without attending Tribal Council, at 22 Days.
- Nick is the second castaway to reach the merge and only attend one Tribal Council as a contestant, after RC Saint-Amour in Philippines. The two were followed by Jessica Johnston in Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers and Chris Noble in Ghost Island.
- Nick is tied with Marcus Lehman for highest placement (10th) without having survived a Tribal Council without immunity.
- Nick lost 31 lbs. during his time in Survivor: Kaôh Rōng.
- Nick was the only man from the original Gondol tribe to be voted out, as Caleb Reynolds was medically evacuated and Tai Trang was a finalist.
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BPyvPTUBR1o/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/nicholasmaiorano/
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/215173/
- ↑ http://people.com/pen/0000015a-a9b7-d8c1-ad7a-abb743900000/0000015a-f95b-d8c1-ad7a-fb7bd9bf0000/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/andreaboehlke/status/854719578026463232
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMzXEA5_0W8
- ↑ http://robhasawebsite.com/author/nickmaiorano/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/nickmaiorano/status/689940201246842880
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vom4f5i_Uw8
|Survivor: Kaôh Rōng Castaways|