Standing as the only woman of the Foa Foa Four alliance, Natalie came into the game as a quiet southern belle, and immediately aligned with notorious villain Russell Hantz. When her alliance entered the merge in the minority, she used the fact that she was easily underestimated by everyone to her advantage to orchestrate the elimination of Erik Cardona by persuading his own Galu Alliance to turn on him, ultimately kicking off the slow chain of events that would lead to the Galu Alliance's downfall. She managed to fly under the radar and be well-liked and respected by her fellow castaways, ultimately reaching the Final Tribal Council with Russell and Mick Trimming, beating them to earn the title of Sole Survivor in a 7-2-0 vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Natalie White (26)
Hometown: Van Buren, Ark.
Occupation: Pharmaceutical Sales
Natalie White is your typical Southern Belle, but she is definitely not afraid to get her hands dirty. "Friendly and savvy" are two of her attributes that her fellow castaways will pick up on right away.
White plans to bring her background in pharmaceutical sales into the game and knows that if you do not make the cut, you are more than likely going to be cut. You either "make the numbers or go home."
Natalie's convinced that her ambitious personality will help her during the game. "I'm literally so competitive and scrappy that I don't care if I have to dive on the ground and get bruised and scraped up, I'll do it. I'll do it to win. I love to compete." Natalie will not waste any time changing her game plan if needed. "I'm observant and flexible, not to mention smart enough to know how to adapt to my surroundings."
Currently, Natalie is in a relationship and resides in Van Buren, Ark. Her birth date is April 22.
Natalie began the game on the Foa Foa tribe. She was quickly recruited by Russell Hantz for his "Dumbass Girl" alliance, being labeled the "long-haired blonde". During Foa Foa's losing streak, Russell did not vote Natalie out because he thought that she was the most loyal to him and that he could beat her in the Final Tribal Council because of her weakness in challenges. Privately, Natalie believed that she could win if she stayed with someone like Russell, who rubbed people the wrong way. In the end, Natalie survived Foa Foa's losing streak and made it to the merge with Russell, Jaison Robinson, and Mick Trimming.
During the beginning of the merge, she proved to be an asset to the Foa Foa Four. Due to befriending several members of the original Galu tribe, Natalie was able to sway them into voting out Erik Cardona instead of Jaison. Following this, Kelly Sharbaugh was eliminated after Russell's strategic play of a Hidden Immunity Idol. At the next Tribal Council, there was a tie between Natalie and Laura Morett, but Natalie remained safe, due to Russell being able to convince John Fincher to betray the Galu Alliance. Natalie, along with the rest of the Foa Foa Four plus Shambo Waters, who flipped to Foa Foa's side, then proceeded to vote out all the remaining Galu members. However, their plans were put on hold when Brett Clouser went on an immunity streak, causing the Foa Foa Four to lose Shambo. Natalie became the target next should Brett win immunity as she was the least likely to be able to beat Brett in the Final Immunity Challenge. Natalie went to Russell and convinced him that he needed her because she was no threat in the final vote. Russell believed this and planned to target either Jaison, as he had mentally checked out of the game in the preceding days, or Mick, because he was a jury threat, next. At Tribal Council, Natalie's plan paid off and Jaison was voted out.
Natalie, Mick, and Russell were heavily focused on getting rid of Brett, as with an almost exclusively Galu jury, and Brett's likability, charm, and late immunity run, all three realized that there would be no hope for any of them to beat him in a jury vote. At the Final Immunity Challenge, Natalie dropped out of the challenge second, leaving it to Russell to beat Brett. Russell managed to defeat Brett and seal his fate, allowing Natalie, Mick, and Russell to breathe a sigh of relief in finally eliminating Brett, and become the Final Three.
At the Final Tribal Council, most of the jury berated Russell for his overly aggressive and deceitful gameplay and poor social performance, alternatively ignored or dismissed Mick for his poor leadership, "feckless" gameplay, and for barely interacting outside the Foa Foa Four, and called Natalie a coattail-rider. Erik, however, argued that Natalie was just as deserving and dangerous as the other finalists due to her strategy and even said that he was voting for her. Ultimately, it came down to Natalie's social interaction with the other contestants that allowed her to receive seven out of the nine jury votes. Thus, Natalie was able to prove Russell's judgment wrong and she was crowned the 19th Sole Survivor in a 7-2-0 vote.
At the live Reunion Show, hurt by his loss to Natalie, protesting that "she didn't do anything", Russell allowed Natalie to keep her $1 million and offered Natalie an additional $100,000 for the title of Sole Survivor. She politely declined the offer, stating the title of Sole Survivor is priceless and should only be obtained by one means: winning the votes of the jury.
|Natalie's Voting History|
|4||Foa Foa Tribe Immune|
|Brett, Dave, John,|
Brett, Dave, Monica1
|Brett, Dave, Erik, Jaison,|
Kelly, Laura, Monica
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
^1 In "Tastes Like Chicken", the vote ended with a 5-5 tie between Natalie and Laura, forcing a revote. On the revote, Natalie did not receive enough votes to be eliminated.
- On January 9, 2010, Natalie attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- In early 2010, Natalie hosted a special preview on the TV Guide Network for the upcoming season, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains.
- Natalie originally applied to compete on The Amazing Race with her boyfriend, but was not chosen. Natalie was later contacted to compete on Survivor.
- Natalie is the only female member of Foa Foa to make the merge.
- She is also the only female member of Foa Foa to never receive a vote pre-merge.
- Natalie is the only member of the Foa Foa Four to not win individual immunity.
- Natalie is the Sole Survivor who was eligible to be voted out the most times, as she attended 14 elimination Tribal Councils and never won individual immunity.
- Natalie and her fellow finalists, Mick Trimming and Russell Hantz set the record for the most Tribal Councils attended in a single season with 16 (including the Final Tribal Council and the Joint Tribal Council at which Russell Swan was evacuated).
- Natalie is the first woman to become the Sole Survivor in a season with a Final Three format.
- Natalie is tied with Kim Spradlin and Sarah Lacina for the most jury votes for a woman, with 7.
- Natalie is tied with Chris Underwood for having the lowest amount of challenge wins for a winner, with three.
- Natalie is the first female Sole Survivor to win a season comprised entirely of new castaways since Sandra Diaz-Twine in Pearl Islands, 12 seasons prior.
- Natalie is the third winner to be involved in a tie, following Richard Hatch and Bob Crowley, but the first to be involved in a tie before the final four.
- Despite only receiving votes at one Tribal Council, Natalie has the most votes cast against her out of any female Sole Survivor, with 8 votes.
- Natalie is the first of two contestants named Natalie to win Survivor, the other being Natalie Anderson.
- Natalie is one of only two female Sole Survivors to have only played once, the other being Vecepia Towery.
- As of Survivor: Winners at War, Natalie is the only female Sole Survivor who has never competed on the same season as Rob Mariano.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder
Heroes vs. Villains
|Survivor: Samoa Castaways|