Lindsey Richter is a contestant from Survivor: Africa.
A member of the Younger Samburu Alliance, Lindsey was voted out after her new tribemates were able to successfully pinpoint which former Samburu members had previous votes, sending her home in a deadlocked tie.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Lindsey Richter was born and raised in Portland, Oregon and graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism. While attending U of A she wrote for their student newspaper, The Arizona Daily Wildcat, and the Tombstone Epitaph, a paper based out of Tombstone, Arizona. During her senior year at college, she spent a semester studying abroad in Queensland, Australia, where she attended Bond University, a private school located near Surfer's Paradise on Australia's Gold Coast.
Prior to her departure for Africa, Richter worked as an account executive with an advertising firm in Portland. Before that, she spent a year in Australia working for the Gold Coast Cougars, an Australian professional baseball team. Richter's duties were wide-ranging and included everything from advertising, promotions, sales and public relations to game day activities.
Lindsey Richter enjoys spending her free time riding horses, boxing and snowboarding, and is an avid mountain biker who regularly competes on the racing circuit. She describes herself as competitive, spirited and compassionate. Her birth date is August 31.
Lindsey was placed on the Samburu tribe, where she quickly allied with the younger members of the tribe: Brandon Quinton, Kim Powers, and Silas Gaither. Lindsey then ostracized the older tribe members, Linda Spencer, Carl Bilancione, Teresa Cooper, and Frank Garrison by making necklaces for only her allies. The older alliance, especially Linda, was frustrated with Lindsey.
After losing the third Immunity Challenge, the votes were split between alliances. The younger alliance voted for Carl and the older alliance voted for Lindsey. After a revote and another tie, a tiebreaker challenge commenced, where Lindsey and Carl had to answer trivia questions. After a long streak of wrong answers from both castaways, Lindsey finally won the challenge, and her alliance gained control of Samburu. They voted Linda out at the next Tribal Council.
A surprise tribe switch occurred, sending Lindsey's ally Silas to the opposing Boran tribe with Teresa and Frank, while Tom Buchanan, Kelly Goldsmith, and Lex van den Berghe came to Samburu. After losing the sixth tribal Immunity Challenge, Lindsey and her alliance knew that the vote would be split yet again. Since the tiebreaker was according to who had more votes against them, Lindsey had to make sure that she did not receive votes, since she had seven previous votes against her. Brandon tried to make it seem like he had votes on him, but the Boran alliance did not believe him. After a tie vote and revote, Lindsey was sent home for having the most previous votes against her.
|Lindsey's Voting History|
|1||Samburu Tribe Immune|
|2||Samburu Tribe Immune|
|Carl, Frank, Linda, Teresa;|
Frank, Linda, Teresa1
|5||Samburu Tribe Immune|
|Kelly, Lex, Tom;|
|Voted Out, Day 18|
^1 In "The Gods Are Angry", the vote ended with a 4-4 tie between Lindsey and Carl, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a quiz tiebreaker. Lindsey won the tiebreaker and remained in the game.
^2 In "I'd Never Do It to You", the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Lindsey and Tom, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, eliminating Lindsey due to prior votes at Tribal Council.
- Following her elimination, she was a guest on The Early Show, Late Show with David Letterman (where she and her Africa castmates would present the top 10), Craig Kilborn, and Regis and Kelly.
- In 2002, Lindsey got married to her boyfriend, Kirt Voreis.
- Lindsey appeared in the music video for the song Without Me by Eminem along with former Borneo castaway Jenna Lewis.
- Lindsey is the youngest woman on the original Samburu tribe.
- Lindsey's luxury item was a beach ball.
- Lindsey is the first contestant from Oregon.
- Whenever she attended Tribal Council, Lindsey voted against the oldest castaway remaining.
- Lindsey is the only castaway to be involved in a deadlocked tie more than once.
- Lindsey is the only person to date to attempt to leave the Tribal Council area and be ordered to sit back down by Jeff Probst. She tried to leave when the vote was tied between herself and Tom Buchanan, and she knew she would likely be eliminated due to previous votes, although a revote was still in order.
- Lindsey is the third and final person to be eliminated because of previous votes.
- Lindsey is the first person to be voted out while staying on her same tribe in a tribe switch.
- Lindsey is tied with Clarence Black for most votes against her in Africa, with 12.
- Lindsey is the first contestant to have received the most votes in the season and to have been voted out pre-merge.
|Survivor: Africa Castaways|