During her run in Blood vs. Water, she was immediately voted out by the Tadhana tribe and sent to Redemption Island on Day 1, along with Candice Cody. However, she was saved by Rupert, who offered to take her place. Suddenly finding herself on the Galang tribe, she failed to make lasting bonds with the returning players and was eventually voted out again on Day 18. She would then go on to lose to Laura Morett during the subsequent duel the following day.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Laura Boneham (44)
Tribe Designation: Loved Ones
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Rupert's Wife
Current Residence: Indianapolis, Ind.
Personal Claim to Fame: Raising a bright, independent, beautiful daughter who is now 13 years old.
Inspiration in Life: My husband, Rupert, is my hero. He has the most amazing strength and passion for life. He continues to help others with no expected rewards. I am exceptionally proud of his run for governor of Indiana.
Hobbies: Scuba diving, waterskiing and art.
Pet Peeves: Mean people and people being treated unfairly.
3 Words to Describe You: Strong, smart and brave.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) Waterproof mascara. 2) My journal. 3) A pen to write with.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Rupert, my husband, because of his passion for the game.
Reason for Being on Survivor: Winning a million dollars and accomplishing my goal of being on the show.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" Survivor: I get along very well with all types of people and can make great alliances. I am smarter than people think and I am going to kick ass in challenges.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I am a huge competitor and game player. I am a leader that can positively bond our tribe. I can fish, forage for food and work exceptionally hard at camp.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? For me to have the opportunity to play the game of Survivor is AMAZING! To actually play the game of Survivor with my husband Rupert by my side is an absolute DREAM COME TRUE!
Laura, being Rupert Boneham's wife, started on the Tadhana tribe. During the first impressions vote, Laura was sent to Redemption Island by a 6-2-1-1 vote as Tadhana tried to weaken Rupert. When Jeff offered Rupert the chance to take Laura's place on Redemption Island, he accepted without hesitation, meaning Laura joined the Galang tribe. Laura bonded well with her new tribe mates and after winning the combined Reward/Immunity Challenge, she remained safe from Tribal Council. Galang went on a winning streak keeping Laura safe, but they finally lost a challenge on Day 13. Laura B., fearing she would be voted out, tried taking the target off her, but Tyson Apostol wanted her out. However, Aras Baskauskas told Tyson he would rather vote out Laura Morett because he thought she could beat out Brad Culpepper at Redemption Island. At Tribal Council, Aras got his way and Laura M. was voted out unanimously 7-1 over Laura B.
After the tribes were switched, Laura ended up on the new Galang tribe with Monica, Tina, Katie, Kat, and Vytas. New Galang lost the Immunity Challenge and was originally going to vote off Vytas for being the only male, but Kat didn't like Monica over-strategizing and confronted Tina. Tina went back and told this to Monica and Kat ended up getting voted off. The next day, Vytas was being more open with the girls. Laura began to really like Vytas and didn't want to see him leave. After barely losing the challenge, when coming back to camp, Laura announced to Vytas that he'd be going home. Laura's alliance was surprised since she had not conferred with them before telling Vytas he was the target. At Tribal Council, Vytas pleaded his case to his tribemates to keep him, which lead to Laura being unanimously eliminated for her unpredictability.
On Redemption Island, Laura remained shocked and angry at her tribe for blindsiding her. At the re-entrance Duel on Day 19, she put up a good fight and managed to hold on to the pole for longer than John Cody but was eventually outlasted by Laura Morett, eliminating her for good. Laura placed 12th overall.
|Laura B.'s Voting History|
|1||Marissa||Brad, Caleb, Ciera,|
Hayden, John, Vytas
|Switched, Day 11|
|1||Galang Tribe Immune|
|2||Galang Tribe Immune|
|3||Galang Tribe Immune|
|4||Galang Tribe Immune|
|5||Laura M.||Laura M.|
|Voted Out, Day 18|
|8||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 19|
^1 In Blood Is Thicker Than Anything, Laura B. was originally voted out from her tribe, but switched with Rupert, sending him to Redemption Island and putting her on the Galang tribe. For technicality purposes, Laura B. is a resident of Redemption Island after the First Impressions vote and before the switch.
- In the summer of 2018, Laura and Rupert Boneham competed on the thirty-first season of The Amazing Race. They were eliminated in the second episode, finishing in 10th place.
- Laura is the first loved one to appear in a previous season on location before becoming an actual contestant. She was Rupert's loved one at the Loved Ones Challenges in All-Stars and Heroes vs. Villains.
- Laura is the oldest member of Tadhana.
- Laura is the first castaway to never compete in a challenge for their original tribe but compete for another tribe, due to her being switched to Galang on Day 1 before a challenge took place.
- Laura is the first contestant to switch tribes in a Redemption Island season.
- Laura is the only castaway to be voted out and switch places with their loved one to re-enter the game.
- Laura is the only contestant to have been voted out more than once before the merge in a single season.
- Laura is the only person to be the sole first-time contestant on a tribe immediately after a switch or merge.
- Laura is the fifth contestant (and second female contestant) to be voted out multiple times in one season. She followed Burton Roberts, Matt Elrod, Andrea Boehlke, and Ozzy Lusth, and preceded Laura Morett, Tina Wesson, Rick Devens, and Tyson Apostol.
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|