La Isla 2017: El Reality - Guerra de Clases is the 6th and final season of La Isla.
The season premiered on August 28th, 2017.
On several occasions, the official Facebook page claimed that there were not going to be any famous contestants cast for the show, but, when the cast was revealed, there were only two celebrities competing on the season.
Auditions for this season were held from October 23 to November 26, 2016.
The cast was revealed on August 14, 2017.
The program airs on Azteca 7 from Mondays to Thursdays, but now, instead of only one episode, there are two episodes per day. The schedule goes as follows:
| Mondays and|
| Advantage and |
| Tuesdays and|
On September 29, the official Twitter account posted that, starting Monday, October 2, there will be three episodes instead of 2 every day. The new schedule goes as follows:
|Tuesdays||Deathly Duel|| Reward|
|Deathly Duel|| Reward|
- War of the Classes: The 21 contestants would be divided into 3 tribes based on their social class:
- The Pudientes ("The Wealthy") tribe is made up of people who have not had many concerns in their lives, mainly economic. People who by their lifestyle, education and profession are classified as privileged; They also live surrounded by amenities.
- The Godínez ("The Salarymen") tribe is made up of people who generally have many dreams and goals in order to achieve them. They live according to their fortnights and work all day to respond regularly to a boss.
- The Banda ("The Gang") tribe is made up of people who work day-to-day without a fixed salary, have access to jobs mainly as workers and like to get together to celebrate in a party. They are those who work harder and those have a hard life.
- Totem's Power:
- The first Totem was given on Day 1, at the Captains' Challenge. The winner of the Challenge would earn the Totem, which gives the entire tribe a decision after the Territorial Challenge, deciding between keeping the results of the Challenge, or they could decide where each tribe would go. The production selected the the three captains and they each jumped out of the plane and competed in the challenge.
- The second Totem was given on Day 14, after an Advantage and Punishment Challenge, where the winners of the Challenge would decide between having the option of picking the Advantage and the Punishment, or cancelling both of them, and grant the two competitors immunity in the next Trial they attend.
- The third Totem was given on Day 40, after the Deathly Duel, where, if the winner of the final Returning Challenge won that duel, they would be immune to a Merge challenge. Since the winner of the Returning Challenge lost the Duel, that person would give immunity to a woman who is still in competition.
- The fourth and final Totem was given on Day 49, after the Reward Challenge, where the winner of the Challenge would decide between the reward or the totem that would grant immunity to two contestants in that week.
- Advantage and Punishment Challenge: A new challenge where some participants from each tribe compete to win an advantage for their tribe at the Immunity Challenge, also they win the advantage of giving a punishment to another tribe at the Immunity Challenge. This challenge disappeared at the Merge.
- No Final Challenge: Both tribes who lose the Immunity Challenge will not compete in another challenge for safety, and will instead go directly to Trial. This challenge reappeared at the Merge.
- New Trials: Before the tribes can vote, both tribes will save someone from the opposing tribe, after that, each tribe will nominate someone from their team. If one of the nominees was saved by the other tribe, then all votes will be canceled and the saved will decide the new nominee. After the switch, the safe tribe will send an emissary who will nominate a contestant from the losing tribe, also the losing tribe votes to nominate another participant. If the emissary and the tribe have chosen the same nominee, the nominee will decide the other. Both nominees will compete at the Deathly Duel. At the Merge, the Trials disappeared.
- Early Deathly Duels: Deathly Duels will now take place from the beginning, whoever wins will stay in the game, whoever loses will be eliminated.
- Tiebreaker: If the vote result is a tie, a second vote is held where the castaways involved in the tie would not vote and the remaining castaways could only vote for those involved in the tie. In case that the second vote was again a tie, the castaways involved in the tie are forced to draw rocks, who drew the black rock is nominated.
- Captains' Challenge: On Day 21, the challenge to determine tribes was held, each tribe would send a woman to compete. The woman to lose will see their tribe dissolve. Those who occupy the first two places will have the power to choose their new tribe members, the first place will start to choose first and with her new tribe go to High Beach, while the second place will decide second and with her new tribe go to Low Beach. The women who competed were Fernanda de la Mora, Gabriela Quevedo and Teresa Munguía. The winning captain was Gabriela and the loser Teresa, causing the disappearance of the Godínez tribe.
- Tribe Switch: On Day 21, the winners of the pre-merge challenge decided the formation of the new tribes with a Schoolyard Pick, Gabriela would form the new Banda tribe and Fernanda the new Pudientes tribe. Thus leaving the tribes of 8 members each.
- Returning Challenge: After the tribe switch, every player who gets eliminated will have be tempted with the Returning Challenge, where they will be in a deserted island for a week,on a quest to find all three parts of the Returning Symbol. This person will have their equipment, a compass, a machete, a flint and a spear, meaning they'll have to find a way to eat and a place to stay for the night. If they can find all three parts of the symbol, and return to the next Deathly Duel, they will compete in said duel, and if they win, they will rejoin their team, if they get last place, they will be eliminated for good, and if they get second place, they will have the choice of playing the Returning Challenge, and will repeat the process. After Week 10, this challenge won't be offered to the eliminated contestant.
|6||Manuel Cortés||NOT TAKEN|
- Merging Challenge: Before the Merge, it is announced to the contestants that only eleven of the twelve will pass to that phase, therefore, there would be a combined Reward Challenge and Deathly Duel, where the loser of the challenge will be eliminated, while the winner of the challenge will win MXN$50,000.
- Merge at 11: For the first time, the merged phase of the game will commence with eleven players left in the game. The Merge also brings new changes, the participants who will occupy the last place of the Immunity Challenge and the Final Challenge are the nominees who will face in the Deathly Duel.
- Finalists' Week: When there were 6 contestants, four special challenges were held, in which the first place of each won the Finalist's Necklace, which gave them a place in the finale. The two contestants who didn't win were eliminated.
- Finale of Four: Unlike the first five seasons where the usual Final Two is featured, this season featured a Finale with four remaining finalists.
- La Isla te Reta (La Isla Challenges You): Every contestant eliminated will have a chance to win MXN$10,000 after they are out of the game, completing a challenge in 4 minutes or less.
|Week #||Contestant||Challenge||Time Given||Result||Time Left|
|1||Andrea Escalona||Bring 5 spheres with an ankle.||3:00||LOST|
|2||Laura Duque||Assemble a card tower with every card.||3:00||WON||0:57|
|3||Antonieta Serdán|| Break the 4 ceramics with a lead ball.|
Since she hurt her arm during the Deathly Duel, she was given the prize.
|4||Silverio Dionicio||Break the 4 ceramics with a lead ball.||3:00||WON||0:40|
|5||Aristeo Cázares||Break 10 coconuts them to find a key. Use it to open a chest that contains a flag.||2:00||LOST|
|6||Manuel Cortés||Throw 6 balls to make them bounce in a pole, and land them in a small basket.||2:00||LOST|
|8||Ayra Antaramian||Throw 4 bollows and entangle them in a structure.||2:00||LOST|
|9||Carmen Pino||Transport 12 discs with a stick and assemble a tower with the discs on a pole.||2:00||LOST|
|10||Teresa Munguía||Untie all knots from a box to get 6 coconuts, and throw 2 coconuts in each of the three baskets.||3:00||LOST|
|11||Miguel Nassar||Stack 12 differently shaped blocks on a small stick.||3:00||LOST|
|Isidro Ovejas||Free 4 rings from a entangled rope and throw the rings on the 4 vertical sticks.||4:00||LOST|
|12||Gabriela Quevedo||Assemble a tower with all the given sticks.||3:00||WON||<1:04|
|13||Miguel Montaño||Use 3 sticks to build a pole, to throw away 3 totems.||3:00||LOST|
|14||Víctor Arechar||Transport one by one 5 wooden blocks from a table to another table balanced by a rope.||4:00||WON||<0:30|
|15||Juan Carlos Vergara||He competed against Lukini. They had 10 chances to throw a ball to a box with several holes in it.|
If Juan Carlos scored more balls than Lukini, he would win. If Lukini scored more balls, or they tied, Juan Carlos would lose.
|16||Adrián Arrieta|| They would compete against each other. They will hold a cube using two sticks on each side.|
Whoever lasts the longest wins. Adrián won, but Lukini also gave the prize to Yuriko.
|Original Tribe||Switched Tribe||Merged Tribe|
|Pudientes|| 1st Eliminated|
|Banda|| 2nd Eliminated|
|Godínez|| 3rd Eliminated|
21, Papantla Flyer
|Banda|| 4th Eliminated|
21, Parkour Instructor
|Godínez|| 5th Eliminated|
34, Marketing Expert
|Godínez||Pudientes|| 6th Eliminated|
33, Interior Designer
|Pudientes||Banda|| 7th Eliminated|
|Godínez||Pudientes|| 8th Eliminated|
28, Yoga Instructor
|Godínez||Pudientes|| 9th Eliminated|
|Pudientes||Pudientes|| 10th Eliminated|
|Pudientes||Pudientes||Fusión (2017)|| 11th Eliminated|
29, Makeup Artist
|Banda||Banda|| 12th Eliminated|
|Banda||Banda|| 13th Eliminated|
|Godínez||Banda|| 14th Eliminated|
|Juan Carlos Vergara|
|Pudientes||Pudientes|| 15th Eliminated|
38, Former Serviceman
|Banda||Banda|| 16th Eliminated|
33, Electronic Engineer and
|Banda||Banda|| 17th Eliminated|
|Fernanda de la Mora|
23, Criminalistics Student
38, TV Host
|Week #||Air Dates||Beaches||Challenges||Nominated||Vote||Eliminated||Finish|
|Reward|| Advantage and|
|1||August 28, 2017 &|
August 29, 2017
|Andrea|| 1st Eliminated|
|2||August 30, 2017 & |
August 31, 2017
|Banda||Godínez||Pudientes|| Aristeo, Carmen,|
|Miguel N.||Miguel N.|
|Laura|| 2nd Eliminated|
|3||September 4, 2017 & |
September 5, 2017
|Pudientes||Banda||Godínez2||Miguel M.|| Banda|
|Ayra||Antonieta||3-2-1-1||Antonieta|| 3rd Eliminated|
|4||September 6, 2017 & |
September 7, 2017
|Silverio|| 4th Eliminated|
|5||September 11, 2017 & |
September 12, 2017
|Aristeo|| 5th Eliminated|
|6||September 13, 2017 & |
September 14, 2017
Manuel, Miguel N.
|Fernanda||Manuel||5-3||Manuel|| 6th Eliminated|
|7||September 18, 2017 & |
September 19, 2017
|8||September 20, 2017 & |
September 21, 2017
|Pudientes||Banda|| Miguel M.,|
|Ayra||Quit||Ayra|| 7th Eliminated|
|9||September 25, 2017 &|
September 26, 2017
|Carmen||Quit||Carmen|| 8th Eliminated|
|Juan Carlos||Teresa||5-1||No Elimination7|
|10||September 27, 2017 &|
September 28, 2017
|Pudientes||Banda||Juan Carlos|| Banda|
|Teresa||Won||Juan Carlos||Juan Carlos||1-0||Teresa||9th Eliminated|
|Miguel N.||Miguel N.||1-1-1-1-1;|
|11||October 2, 2017 &|
October 3, 2017
|Luis||Merging Challenge||Everyone except Miguel N.||Miguel N.||10th Eliminated|
|Merged Beach|| Víctor (won);|
|Adrián||Isidro||Immunity Challenge||Isidro||11th Eliminated|
|12||October 3, 2017 &|
October 4, 2017
| Luis (won);|
|Adrián||Gabriela||Immunity Challenge||Gabriela||12th Eliminated|
|13||October 4, 2017 &|
October 5, 2017
|Adrián3|| Luis (won);|
Miguel M. (nominated)
|Yuriko||Miguel M.||Immunity Challenge||Miguel M.||13th Eliminated|
|14||October 9, 2017 &|
October 10, 2017
| Sebastián (won);|
|Yuriko||Yuriko||Immunity Challenge||Víctor||14th Eliminated|
|15||October 10, 2017 &|
October 11, 2017
|Luis|| Luis (won);|
|Sebastián||Juan Carlos||Immunity Challenge||Juan Carlos||15th Eliminated|
|16||October 12, 2017|| Facundo;|
|Fernanda||Adrián|| 16th Eliminated|
|Yuriko|| 17th Eliminated|
|October 14, 2017||Finale|
^1 The person saved by the opposite tribe was to be nominated, so all votes were negated and that person would decide the new nominee.
|La Isla 2017: El Reality Voting History|
|Original Tribes||Switched Tribes||Merged Tribe|
|No more Trials10|
|Vote:|| ||1-0||5-2|| ||1-0|| ||1-0||3-2-1-1||5-1|| ||1-0||4-2||3-36||2-27||Lottery8||4-1||5-3||1-0||5-3||1-0||5-1-1||1-0||5-1||1-0||1-1-1-1-19||1-0||1-0|
|►►||Facundo||—||Juan Carlos||None||—||—||Ayra||None||—||—||—||Manuel||None||None||Luis||Miguel N.||None||Teresa||None||Isidro||None||None|
|►►||Juan Carlos||—||Andrea||None||—||—||Ayra||None||—||—||—||Facundo||None||—||Carmen||None||Teresa||None||Facundo||None||Miguel N.|
|►||Miguel N.||—||Andrea||None||—||—||Ayra||None||—||—||—||Facundo||None||—||Carmen||None||Teresa||None||Juan Carlos||None||None|
^1 Laura was saved by the Pudientes tribe, per the rules, all votes cast will not count, and she will decide the new nominee.
- The font used on this season's intro is Balboa Black.
|La Isla (MX) Seasons|