Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Kourtney Moon (29)
Tribe Designation: Salani
Current Residence: Austin, Texas
Occupation: Motorcycle Repair
Personal Claim to Fame: Easy - I grew a person inside my body, squeezed him out of a tiny orifice and managed not to completely bomb at parenting (so far). He's actually the neatest person I know. Unrelated to making human beings, I would have to say honestly, maintaining my sanity through the mental and emotional torture I have endured in just the past few years.
Inspiration in Life: LIFE inspiration? I'd have to say there is no particular person. There are many individuals who have taught me valuable lessons, whether they meant to or not, and whether they had good intentions or not. People who seek to truly be altruistic are huge inspirations for me.
Hobbies: Doing just about anything with my son, motorcycles, knitting, cocktails and night time bike rides.
Pet Peeves: I've had bad, bad experiences with people who have low moral codes. I just have NO patience for hypocrisy and folks who regularly enjoy the smell of their own farts. Lack of respect for monogamy is a huge pet peeve of mine, as well as people who chew others and spit them out simply because they can... basically, sociopaths and narcissists.
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, scatter-brained and impulsive.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Jud and Courtney because they reacted or handled situations the way I probably would have. They appeared to be very genuine characters, knew what their attributes were and accepted their short-comings. They also seemed to maintain their sanity when things got rough.
Reason for Being on Survivor: I NEED the money and want the experience. Traveling, meeting new people, opening new doors, getting the hell out of the Austin bubble for a little while… I severely need a drastic change in my life, preferably one that won't kill me. I think I'm going to walk away from this permanently changed…but for the better.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" Survivor: I have great diplomatic skills and I'm a good mediator. I often see a person's positive side over the negative, which makes me very forgiving and accepting. I have no problem leading, following, or getting out of the way when appropriate.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: Because nothing in this world makes any sense whatsoever and anything really IS possible.
Kourtney entered the season as a member of the all-female Salani tribe. Kourtney stated that her quirky demeanor would fit "nowhere", which reflected after being shunned by the budding five-person alliance of Alicia Rosa, Chelsea Meissner, Kat Edorsson, Kim Spradlin, and Sabrina Thompson. Despite this, she proved to be an invaluable member of the tribe, tirelessly making frond roofs for both the Salani and Manono camps and slaughtering a chicken when nobody was willing to do it.
At the first Immunity Challenge, which required jumping from an elevated platform to a net, host Jeff Probst instructed the contestants to keep their hands on their chest. However, Kourtney did not listen to these instructions and injured her hand, requiring medical attention. The challenge, however required nine members, and because of Kourtney's absence, the rival Manono tribe was given a choice to continue to run the challenge, albeit Salani's handicap of having one member short. Manono decided to take the unfinished challenge as a win, sending Salani to their first Tribal Council, angering some members of Salani. However, Kourtney never came back, and at Tribal Council, it was revealed that her hand had several fractures which required surgery, thus eliminating her from the competition, and because of her removal, Salani did not need to vote.
|Kourtney's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|Evacuated, Day 3|
- In her exit interviews, Kourtney revealed that she had a "grapefruit-sized" tumor in her abdomen which was potentially cancerous. Her in-game fracture however, was still undergoing therapy then. This is what she had to say about her health:
|“||I had an injury on the show yesterday, but I'm actually in the hospital right now...I actually went for a wellness checkup on Monday, and the doctor was like 'Whoa! What's this going on? We've got to take you to the hospital now,' and they actually found a large, grapefruit sized tumor in my abdomen. The very next day they rushed me to emergency surgery and they thought hopefully they could take it out with minor incisions, depending on what it looks like in there, and then I wake up with this GIANT incision. They're like, 'Yeah, it was attached to a bunch of other stuff so we had to take a bunch of other stuff out, and it's cancerous so we're going to find out how bad it is.'||”|
–Kourtney, on her medical condition.
- Kourtney is the first woman to be medically evacuated from the game.
- Kourtney is also tied with Pat Cusack for being the earliest evacuation from the game, both having been evacuated on Day 3.
- Kourtney is one of six contestants to never visit Tribal Council. The others are Jonathan Libby, Wanda Shirk, Gary Stritesky, Dana Lambert, and Pat Cusack.
- Kourtney, Jonathan, Wanda, and Pat are the only contestants to be eliminated from the game in the first episode by means other than a vote.
- Kourtney is the only person on One World to never receive a vote.
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81126/
- ↑ Haidet, Ryan (February 20, 2012). "Survivor: One World — Kourtney Moon Has Cancer, Watched Premiere From Hospital Recovering From Surgery". Reality TV Magazine. http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2012/02/20/survivor-one-world-kourtney-moon-has-cancer-watched-premiere-from-hospital-recovering-from-surgery/. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
|Survivor: One World Castaways|