Kim deliberately kept a low profile in the early stages of the game, under-performing in challenges and fostering very strong relationships with her tribemates. However, by the merge, she was thoroughly established in a leadership position in two overlapping alliances which held potential majorities. She committed to an all-female alliance and masterminded the blindsides of Jonas Otsuji and Michael Jefferson, and afterward, the women's alliance was able to cleanly eliminate all of the remaining men in the game. Kim also emerged as a late-game challenge force, winning four out of the last five Immunity Challenges, and kept her competitors guessing as to her true loyalties until it was far too late for them to retaliate. Her 7-2-0 victory over Sabrina Thompson and Chelsea Meissner in the jury vote capped what is considered one of the most dominant single-season performances by any Survivor player.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Kim Spradlin (29)
Tribe Designation: Salani
Current Residence: San Antonio, Texas
Occupation: Bridal Shop Owner
Personal Claim to Fame: Always being up for adventure! Opening my own business at age 26, working as a whitewater rafting guide, living at an orphanage in Thailand... Oh! And I can figure out what animal a person would be within five minutes of meeting them.
Inspiration in Life: My dad. He has this amazing way about him that draws people to him. He makes everything feel special - vacations, movies, lunch at Subway, me. He is never afraid and funny as hell. He gives the most amazing and perfectly timed pep talks!
Hobbies: Sand volleyball, reading and hanging out with really cool people.
Pet Peeves: Speed bumps, corny humor, people who honk to reprimand rather than as a warning, and really bad bridesmaid dresses (there's no reason for that, really).
3 Words to Describe You: Passionate, warm and clever.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Probably Stephenie LaGrossa from Palau, because she's a badass (total honey badger). Also, Elisabeth Hasselbeck because she was friendly but competitive and Amanda because she is tall.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Truly for the thrill of it! Stepping away from the comfort of my little world and challenging myself. Proving I can do as well at this game as I've always thought I could.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: My mental toughness, wicked throwing arm (for a girl), and people sometimes underestimate my sneakiness.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I believe in treating all people with respect and honor. Why would you vote off someone who respects you?
Kim caught the attention of Alicia Rosa during the trek to the girl's camp because she posed as a strong player, which forged her into Alicia's alliance, along with Chelsea Meissner, Kat Edorsson, and Sabrina Thompson. Kim's levelheadedness was proven when she shunned Manono member Colton Cumbie with poise and composure, despite Cumbie's constant visits to their side of camp as it started to annoy her tribe and viewed his affinity for them as a camouflaged act of sabotage. After the evacuation of tribemate Kourtney Moon, the alliance stood strong and eliminated Salani's oldest member, Nina Acosta. Kim, and the rest of the Salani tribe then prospered, winning three consecutive challenges, and received free immunity when the Manono tribe decided to go to Tribal Council after winning the Day 11 Immunity Challenge.
Kim remained a Salani member after the Day 12 tribe switch, where she formed a secondary alliance with newcomers Jay Byars, Michael Jefferson, and Troyzan Robertson, where she found herself in the leadership position. Kim increased her power by obtaining a Hidden Immunity Idol, which she disclosed to her closest ally, Chelsea. The forged alliance, however, did not need to take action, as the new Salani demolished the new Manono in subsequent challenges, merging with them with a 7-5 discrepancy, but the original members (men and women) remained 6-6.
The two revisions of the tribes found Kim working with two pacts, the all-girl original Salani alliance (Alicia's regrouped alliance with former outsider Christina Cha being adopted to the group) and the new Salani alliance. After Kim manipulated Jay and Troyzan to oust Jonas Otsuji and cannibalize new Salani alliance member Michael, she eventually revealed her master plan—blindside Jay and Troyzan to pave the way for an all-girl endgame. The plan worked, and the men took the fall in subsequent Tribal Councils, though one of her longtime allies, Kat, was disposed of by Kim after the latter's controversial choice of who to bring with her after winning a Reward Challenge and Kat giving Kim a bad attitude after Kim won Immunity. Throughout the merge, Kim collectively won four of the last five Immunity Challenges, and, with a Hidden Immunity Idol in her possession, Kim was essentially invincible. Following her victory at the final two Immunity Challenges, and the eliminations of Alicia and Christina, Kim found herself in the final three with her closest friends, Chelsea and Sabrina. Kim's quiet yet destructive strategy, and avoiding the target despite how strong she appeared in the merge, earned the respect and votes of seven of nine jury members, crowning her as the 24th Sole Survivor.
|Kim's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Salani Tribe Immune|
|4||Salani Tribe Immune|
|5||Salani Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
| Alicia, Christina, Jay,|
Jonas, Kat, Michael, Tarzan
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
- Kim was a finalist for the Miss Survivor 2013 contest in Rob Has A Podcast, but ultimately lost to RC Saint-Amour, placing third.
- On March 16, 2013, Kim married her fiancé, Bryan Wolfe in Cabo, Mexico. Alicia Rosa and Kat Edorsson were in attendance.
- On July 16, 2013, Kim announced on her Instagram profile that she was pregnant with their first child. On February 8, 2014 her son, Michael Thomas Wolfe, was born.
- Kim was wrongfully arrested due to a case of mistaken identity in April 2013. She spent 8 hours in jail, after going to change her name at the DMV, in San Antonio, when a staff member saw there was a warrant out for her arrest for check bouncing. However, after bailing herself out for $1,500, it turned out that there was another person named Kimberly with the same birthday.
- In 2013, Kim was inducted into the Survivor Hall of Fame.
- Currently, Kim co-hosts the morning show "Great Day San Antonio".
- On November 19, 2014, Kim announced on Twitter that she was pregnant with her second child with Bryan. On May 27, 2015, their daughter, August Jane Wolfe was born.
- On June 1, 2016, Kim and Bryan welcomed their third child and second son, Walt Wolfe.
- Kim revealed in "Thanks for the Souvenir" that she had her appendix removed.
- Kim is tied with Kelly Wiglesworth, Jenna Morasca, and Chrissy Hofbeck for the most individual immunity wins out of any female contestant in a single season, with 4.
- Kim is the first female and fourth overall contestant to possess a Hidden Immunity Idol, not use it, and make it to Day 39, following Yul Kwon, Russell Hantz, and Coach Wade. She was followed by Tony Vlachos.
- Kim is the second winner to never use their idol, following Yul from Survivor: Cook Islands.
- Kim is tied with Natalie White and Sarah Lacina for the most votes for a woman to win a season, with 7.
- Kim is the first winner to find a Hidden Immunity Idol without a clue.
- In an interview, Kim revealed she gave her unused Hidden Immunity Idol to Troyzan. Troyzan would later sell the idol on eBay and the buyer returned the idol to Kim.
- Kim is the fourth Sole Survivor who also won the Fan Favorite Award, following Bob Crowley from Survivor: Gabon, J.T. Thomas from Survivor: Tocantins, and Rob Mariano from Survivor: Redemption Island. She is also the only female winner to win the award.
- Kat Edorsson's luxury item in Survivor: Blood vs. Water was a picture of herself and Kim. Kim also had written a letter to Kat.
- From all the players from the first 29 seasons, Survivor Oz ranked Kim as the second best player, behind Sandra Diaz-Twine.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder|
| Succeeded by|
|Survivor: One World Castaways|