Keith Tollefson is a contestant from Survivor: South Pacific.
Keith worked his way into the majority Savaii Alliance early on, forming a tight trio with Jim Rice and returning player Ozzy Lusth, while also having a showmance with Whitney Duncan. Though the alliance entered the merge even in numbers with their rival Upolu Alliance, John Cochran betrayed tribal lines voted Keith out, sending him to Redemption Island. He lost the subsequent duel to Ozzy, eliminating him in 11th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Keith Tollefson (26)
Tribe designation: Savaii
Current residence: Edina, Minn.
Occupation: Water Treatment Tech
Personal claim to fame: I graduated college and moved to Hawaii for two years because that was my dream.
Inspiration in Life: My mom. She raised me and my sister with little help and eventually bought a house for us after saving for years. She taught me how to be a gentleman even while I was causing trouble when I was young. She instilled great morals, values and love for all those around me.
Hobbies: Surfing, swimming and long-boarding.
Pet peeves: I really dislike people talking behind my back, especially when it's not true, and rude people.
3 Words to describe you: Fun, adventurous and driven.
Survivor Contestant you are most like: Boston Rob because he's memorable and played one of the best psychological games.
Reason for being on Survivor: I want to challenge myself, learn what limits I can reach and break them. Not only to survive, but win, so I'm number one.
Why you think you'll "survive" Survivor: I have strength, intelligence and am EMT certified. I have the ability to manage high stress situations and still have a positive attitude. I am also willing to do whatever it takes to survive.
Why you think you will be the Sole Survivor: I can make people understand, or think my decisions are looking out for them. I never quit. I wouldn't go on the show if I didn't feel I could win!
Keith was initially placed on the Savaii tribe, where he joined the an alliance of five led by returning player Ozzy Lusth and also included Elyse Umemoto, Jim Rice, and Whitney Duncan. After Savaii lost the Immunity Challenge on Day 14, Jim wanted to vote out Elyse to break her budding relationship with Ozzy and approached Keith to secure a majority. Not wanting to anger Ozzy, however, Keith and Whitney decided to throw their votes on Dawn Meehan, resulting in a plurality vote that sent Elyse to Redemption Island.
After Savaii lost immunity again on Day 17, it seemed that the Savaii Alliance would vote outsider John Cochran out. However, Ozzy came up with the idea to get himself intentionally voted out so that he could be sent to Redemption Island, win the last duel prior to the merge, and secure Savaii's numbers against their rival Upolu tribe. Though Keith and Jim were hesitant to go along with the plan, they ultimately agreed to it and Ozzy was sent to Redemption Island. That risk paid off as Ozzy re-entered the game the following day upon defeating Christine Shields Markoski in their duel, and the tribes subsequently merged into the Te Tuna tribe even in numbers.
After Dawn and Ozzy won the first individual Immunity Challenge, the Savaii Alliance anticipated a tie at the impeding Tribal Council and targeted Rick Nelson for being the least likely to have a Hidden Immunity Idol played on him. At Tribal Council, Ozzy played his idol on Whitney, but the Upolu Alliance had decided to target Keith, resulting in a tie between him and Rick. In the ensuing revote, Cochran, fearing having to draw rocks in the tiebreaker in case of a deadlock, turned on the Savaii Alliance and voted against Keith, sending him to Redemption Island. Upon arriving at Redemption Island, Keith immediately suspected that it was Cochran who had flipped on the alliance. Keith would be followed to Redemption Island by Ozzy, then Jim, in the following days, leaving the three allies to face off in the first duel after the merge. Though Jim dropped out first, Keith would soon follow, leaving Ozzy victorious. Keith was thus eliminated from the game and became the second member of the jury.
|Keith's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|2||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|4||Savaii Tribe Immune|
|6||Savaii Tribe Immune|
| Albert, Brandon, Coach,|
Edna, Rick, Sophie;
Albert, Brandon, Coach,
Cochran, Edna, Sophie1
|Voted Out, Day 21|
|9||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 25|
| Voted for|
- During the South Pacific Reunion Show, host Jeff Probst mentioned that Keith was in a relationship with Whitney Duncan, his fellow castaway and tribe member. Whitney, however, was still married to her then-husband, musician Donny Fallgatter, during the filming of the season when she began her relationship with Keith. Whitney's divorce was finalized in November 2011.
- Keith and Whitney became engaged in February 2013.
- In the spring of 2014, Keith and Whitney competed on the twenty-fifth season of The Amazing Race as an engaged couple. They finished in 8th place.
- On July 27, 2014, Keith and Whitney got married.
- Keith is the first contestant with a pacemaker.
- Keith lost 16 lbs. during his time on South Pacific.
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/62886/
- ↑ "Whitney Duncan (Almost!) Divorced From Donny Fallgatter". People. November 15, 2011. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20545518,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- ↑ Gomez, Patrick (February 21, 2013). "Survivor's Whitney Duncan: From Secret Marriage to Divorce to Engagement!". People. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20676007,00.html. Retrieved January 16, 2016.
- ↑ http://amazingrace.wikia.com/wiki/Keith_%26_Whitney
- ↑ http://instagram.com/p/q-UiveCKfc/?modal=true
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE1-M2JrnsQ
|Survivor: South Pacific Castaways|