Katherine Elyse "Katie" Collins is a contestant from Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
She is the daughter of former winner and Blood vs. Water partner, Tina Wesson. She holds the distinction of being the first female in Survivor history and the second castaway to be eliminated by the rock drawing tiebreaker.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Katie Collins (25)
Tribe Designation: Loved Ones
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Tina's Daughter
Current Residence: New York, N.Y.
Occupation: Hedge fund support
Personal Claim to Fame: Raising thousands of dollars for the American Lung Association by climbing 55 flights of stairs at Penn Plaza.
Inspiration in Life: Anaïs Nin was a strong independent woman who paved the way for women writers, especially in regards to sexuality. She was a bi-coastal, man-eating tigress.
Hobbies: Yoga, playing ukulele/banjolele, hiking and sailing.
Pet Peeves: Grammar misuses and poor manners.
3 Words to Describe You: Creative, funny and driven.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) My soprano ukulele. 2) Deck of cards. 3) Camera.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: I share DNA with my mother who was on season 2 so I can't relate any more than that! I can also relate to Whitney Duncan because she was smart, southern and was a musician.
Reason for Being on Survivor: Claiming the title of "Sole Survivor" would be a huge accomplishment. Being able to do this with my Mom is the coolest!
Why You Think You'll "Survive" Survivor: I am certainly not a quitter and the final Survivor has to earn that title, which I have every intention of doing. It's time to get down and dirty.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I'm wildly creative and that translates to everything I do - cooking, games and strategies that would put my team and I ahead of others.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? My Mom is the single most amazing person I know. To play Survivor together definitely tops any experience we have ever had together. I can't wait to compete with or against this truly amazing woman, as a daughter and a best friend, it's an honor!
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Katie's Voting History|
|5||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|10||Laura M.||Laura M.|
|Eliminated, Day 322|
|13||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 33|
^1 In "One Armed Dude and Three Moms", the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Brad and Ciera, forcing a revote. Katie did not change her vote on the revote.
^2 In "Rustle Feathers", the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Hayden and Monica, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a rock drawing tiebreaker. Katie drew the differently-colored rock, sending herself to Redemption Island.
- On December 3, 2013 (during the original run of Survivor: Blood vs. Water), Katie's brother, Taylor Lee Collins, died in a car accident.
- On March 27, 2017, Katie, along with Blood vs. Water castmate Gervase Peterson, appeared on an episode of Pen Fan Forum hosted by Andrea Boehlke to discuss the fifth episode of Survivor: Game Changers.
- Katie is the only female in Blood vs. Water to be on every tribe.
- Katie is the first contestant to have appeared on Survivor as a loved one before becoming a castaway herself.
- Katie and her mother are the first loved ones to be on a tribe together, as Candice Cody and John Cody only shared Redemption Island with each other.
- Katie and Tina are one of three couples to make the merge with their partners, with Aras Baskauskas and Vytas Baskauskas and Ciera Eastin and Laura Morett being the others.
- Katie is the second castaway after Paschal English to be eliminated from the tribe by participating in the rock drawing tiebreaker. They would later be followed by Jessica Lewis. Katie though is the first castaway to lose the rock draw and be sent to Redemption Island.
- Katie lost 14 lbs. (6.35 kg) during her time in Blood vs. Water.
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|