John Cody is a contestant from Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
After his wife Candice Cody was voted out by the Galang tribe and sent to Redemption Island on Day 1, John became a member of the ruling Five Guys Alliance on the Tadhana tribe. However, after Candice began to dominate at Redemption Island and gave clues to the Hidden Immunity Idol to John, his allies worried that he would be more loyal to Candice than he would be to them. At the third Tribal Council, John's allies betrayed him and sent him to Redemption Island with his wife. While Candice would eventually be eliminated, John managed to survive until the final duel before the merge. However, even with a chance to re-enter the game hanging in the balance, John was eliminated from the duel first, finishing in 13th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): John (30)
Tribe Designation: Loved Ones
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Candice's Husband
Current Residence: Washington, D.C.
Occupation: Physician, Army Orthopedic Surgery Resident
Personal Claim to Fame: Being a West Point grad, graduating from Georgetown Medical School and training at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for my Orthopedic Surgery residency.
Inspiration in Life: The Wounded Warriors that we care for at Walter Reed.
Hobbies: Basketball, golf and working out.
Pet Peeves: Slow thinkers, talkers and movers; people who eat paper; illogical, irrational and inflexible people; excuses; mouth breathers.
3 Words to Describe You: Competitive, off-the-cuff, and loyal.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) My wife – someone I can always trust! 2) My dogs – great listeners and never talk back. 3) Deck of cards – helps pass the time.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: I relate most to Mick and Marcus because of my profession. I also relate to Penner and Boston Rob, as smart family oriented guys who realize they have more to play for than just themselves.
Reason for Being on Survivor: This is one of the most intense, intellectual and physical challenges I can think of, and being able to play with Candice will make it that much more interesting and crazy!
Why You Think You'll "Survive" Survivor: My work ethic, determination, outside-the-box thinking, flexibility and mental toughness.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I have a well-rounded mix of athleticism, grit and social emotional intelligence.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? This will be such an incredible experience and an awesome opportunity for us! How many people can say they've competed in a game for a million dollars with the love of their life? There's nobody in this world I trust more than Candice and this will be a crazy story for us to tell our kids someday.
John came to play on Blood vs. Water with his wife Candice Cody. During the First Impressions twist at the marooning on Day 1, both tribes were required to immediately vote someone out. John joined the majority of the Tadhana tribe in voting out Laura Boneham, though Candice was voted out by the returning players on the Galang tribe and sent to Redemption Island. When host Jeff Probst offered John to switch places with Candice on Redemption Island, Candice told him not to, with John ultimately choosing to stay in the game.
At camp, John immediately bonded with Brad Culpepper and joined an all-male alliance with Brad, Caleb Bankston, Hayden Moss, and Vytas Baskauskas, giving them control of the tribe. When Tadhana lost the first two Immunity Challenges, John joined his alliance in voting out Marissa Peterson and Rachel Foulger. Meanwhile, Candice finished first in the first two Redemption Island duels, choosing to give the Hidden Immunity Idol clue offered to each duel's first place finisher to John. Even though John shared the clues with his allies, Brad saw this as a reason to blindside John. He also thought that, if Candice were to keep on winning duels and re-enter the game, then John would not be loyal to the Five Guys Alliance come the merge. When Tadhana again lost immunity on Day 8, John wanted to vote out Ciera Eastin, who he believed was not pulling her weight around camp. At Tribal Council. however, John's alliance blindsided him, sending him to Redemption Island with his wife.
After being reunited with Candice at Redemption Island, the spouses won the immediate duel, eliminating Marissa from the game. At the next duel on Day 11, the couple were joined by Brad, who himself had been blindsided by Tadhana. John came in first place, but Brad would defeat Candice for second place, resulting in Candice being eliminated from the game. In an attempt to get revenge on Brad, John would give clues to the Hidden Immunity Idol to Brad's wife, Monica Culpepper, who would burn them in the urn at Redemption Island arena to avoid a target on her back. John would win the next two duels, eliminating Brad and Kat Edorsson, allowing him to make it to the final pre-merge duel on Day 19. In that duel, he would face off against Laura B. and Laura Morett, with the winner re-entering the game and the other two permanently being eliminated. Unfortunately, John would be the first person eliminated from the duel. Though he was frustrated that he lost, he explained that he enjoyed the experience and enjoyed the time he spent with Candice on Redemption Island. He finished in 13th place.
|John's Voting History|
|3||Ciera||Brad, Caleb, Ciera,|
Hayden, Katie, Vytas
|Voted Out, Day 8|
|4||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 19|
- In May 2015, John was promoted to a Major of the United States Army.
- John and Candice welcomed their first child, Beatrix Leigh Cody, born on September 12, 2015.
- John and Candice welcomed their second child, son Forrest Henry Cody, on June 7, 2017.
- John and Candice welcomed their third child, a second son named Hunter Maxwell, on January 19, 2021.
- John and wife Candice Cody were a replacement pair for Blood vs. Water because RC Saint-Amour's father Craig suffered hypertension the day before filming, forcing RC and Craig to be removed from the cast.
- John is the first man to be voted out of Blood vs. Water, despite Rupert Boneham and Colton Cumbie being eliminated before he was voted out of his tribe. This is due to Rupert switching with his wife at Redemption Island and Colton quitting.
- John is the only man to be voted out unanimously on Blood vs. Water.
- John and Candice are the first loved ones to be together in the game after Day Zero; they shared Redemption Island, though were never on a tribe with each other.
- John is the first man on Blood vs. Water to win a Redemption Island duel.
- John and Marissa Peterson are the only members of Tadhana to survive more than one Redemption Island duel.
- John is also the only man on Blood vs. Water to survive more than one Redemption Island duel.
- John is the first new player in Blood vs. Water to be eliminated after outlasting his loved one.
- John is the first and currently only man to lose the final pre-merge duel on Redemption Island.
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|