John F. Carroll is a contestant from Survivor: Marquesas.
John is best known for being the leader of the Rotu Four alliance and voting out Rob Mariano. However, his arrogance was exposed at a coconut chopping challenge. This caused the outsiders to band together to vote him out.
Retrieved from CBS.com.
John F. Carroll was born in El Paso, Texas, and grew up in Omaha, Nebraska. In high school, he was a state-ranked track & field and cross-country runner. He also ran in the Junior Olympics his senior year. After graduation, he attended Midland Lutheran College in Fremont, Nebraska, on a track and cross-country scholarship, and lettered in tennis as a walk-on during his sophomore year. While attending Midland, he was elected class president, appointed Entertainment Director for campus activities, joined the Kappa Phi fraternity, ministered as a Liturgical clown and appeared in campus theatre productions. He holds an Associate of Science degree in Nursing (ASN) from Excelsior College and is a Registered Nurse in Nebraska. In 2000, he delivered the senior commencement speech at Bellevue University after graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Criminal Justice.
After leaving Midland, Carroll spent nearly three years in the United States Air Force where he worked as a medic. In 1990, he moved to Los Angeles, Calif., where he then spent almost eight years working with people afflicted with AIDS. During this period, he raised money and donated significant time and energy to numerous AIDS organizations.
In 1997, Carroll returned to Omaha and began working with US West/Qwest, a telecommunication and broadband company. He soon became a successful sales consultant and trainer. In his spare time, he became a member of the Telephone Pioneers of America, the world's largest industry-related volunteer organization, and raised money for various relief and community events. In 2001, he decided to leave his job to attend law school.
Carroll briefly attended Creighton University School of Law in August, 2001, but withdrew when he was informed that he had been selected to participate in Survivor: Marquesas. He will return to Creighton in August, 2002, to resume his law studies.
John Carroll is an avid fan of the University of Nebraska Cornhusker's football team. His other hobbies include digital photography, playing volleyball, lifting weights, running, swimming, landscaping and adding to his hot-sauce collection. He also donates his time and services to the Van Ness Recovery House, Nebraska AIDS Project, LA Goal/Inside Out Productions and The Elephant Sanctuary. Currently single, Carroll lives in Omaha with his dog, Kimbah. His birth date is June 14.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|John's Voting History|
|1||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|2||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|3||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|4||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|6||Rotu Tribe Immune|
|8||Sean||Kathy, Paschal, Neleh,|
Sean, Vecepia, Zoe
|Voted Out, Day 24|
- Currently, John is a lawyer and has his own law office.
- John is part of a foundation that helps to preserve the San Clemente Island goats.
- On January 9, 2010, John attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- John was affected by flooding in Nebraska in March 2019 and his farm suffered major damage, putting the San Clemente Island goats there in danger. A fundraiser set up on his behalf raised over $21,000 to assist in saving the goats, as well as the cleanup efforts.
- John, along with nineteen other former Survivor contestants, competed in the first Survivor-themed mini-competition of Sequester on May 23, 2020. He was eliminated in the tenth round, finishing in 11th place.
- John's luxury item was a bottle of massage oils.
- John is the first male castaway from Nebraska.
- John is the first jury member to be given permission to speak at a Tribal Council that wasn't the Final Tribal Council.
|Survivor: Marquesas Castaways|