Retrieved from CBS.com
Originally from New Orleans, Jessica deBen attended approximately three years of college at Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi. She went on to attend the University of New Orleans and Tulane University.
deBen moved to Los Angeles three years ago and currently works as a fashion stylist and make-up artist. She works freelance with photographers, models and magazine editors. She previously worked as a body painter for the "Lion King" show at Disney in Orlando and also as an attendant for the Volunteers of America Personal Care.
deBen describes herself as ambitious, warm and unbreakable. Her hobbies include portrait painting, jogging, hiking, kayaking, biking and eating pancakes at The Griddle Café. She is an avid fan of the New Orleans Hornets basketball team (she used to go to games twice a week when she lived there). She is a member of the Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions and St. Brendan's Catholic Church.
Jessica, along with her fellow castaways started the game looking for host Jeff Probst upon arriving on the island. After receiving a message instructing the group to build a luxury shelter, she helped with the building under the instruction of Sylvia Kwan. On Day 3, the group finally met Jeff at the Immunity Challenge site. After Sylvia divided the tribes, Jessica joined the Ravu tribe. When Ravu lost the subsequent Immunity Challenge, Jessica formed an alliance with Erica Durousseau and Rocky Reid. However, the other six members of the tribe targeted Jessica because of her weakness in the challenge and she became the first person voted out of Survivor: Fiji.
|Jessica's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Rita|| Anthony, Earl, Michelle,|
Mookie, Rita, Yau-Man
|Voted Out, Day 3|
- On January 9, 2010, Jessica attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- She has since married and has one daughter.
- She now goes by the name Jessica deBen Polish.
- Jessica is the only Caucasian-American female contestant on Fiji, as the other one that had been cast dropped out before the season started.
- Jessica was not part of the official Ravu tribe picture, even though she was an official member of Ravu, because it was taken after Jessica was eliminated and Sylvia Kwan became part of Ravu due to the Fiji Schoolyard Pick twist.
- Jessica is the first person to be voted out first and place 19th, followed by Jessica Peet in David vs. Goliath.
- Coincidentally, they both share the same name.
|Survivor: Fiji Castaways|