Jenna formed a friendship and alliance with Heidi Strobel early on in The Amazon, with the two becoming infamous for stripping with for peanut butter and chocolate during the first individual Immunity Challenge. She also proved to be a challenge threat, winning four key individual immunities, including the last two after losing her ally Heidi, to outlast the remaining men and make it to the Final Two with Matthew von Ertfelda. At the Final Tribal Council, Jenna's social relationships made her the first contestant to secure six of seven jury votes on her way to becoming the Sole Survivor.
Jenna returned in All-Stars two seasons later, but pulled herself from the game early on due to her mother's failing health.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Jenna Morasca models swimwear on a freelance basis while also competing in beauty pageants. She has won the Venus Swimwear competition two years in a row (2001 and 2002) and was second runner-up in the Miss Pennsylvania U.S.A. beauty pageant in 2001. Additionally, she is currently a junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in zoology.
Morasca's hobbies include horseback riding, sleeping and hanging out with her animals (she has a dog, a ferret, three birds, two guinea pigs and a fish). She describes herself as honest, outgoing and funny. If she could hold political office, she'd be President of the United States so she could make all the important decisions. Her favorite sport is football. Her favorite teams are the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Denver Broncos. Her hero is her mother, who has been fighting breast cancer for over ten years. If she wins the money, she wants to buy a car and put a huge sound system in it, chrome wheels and detailing. She also wants to pay off her family's bills and take a trip to Italy with her mom and dad.Morasca is currently single and living in Bridgeville, Penn. Her birth date is February 15, 1981.
Since being crowned Sole Survivor of Survivor: The Amazon, Jenna Morasca continues to model swimwear on a freelance basis. She and fellow contestant Heidi Strobel posed for the cover of Playboy, which ultimately became the second best-selling cover of 2003. She also did an anti-fur campaign for the animal rights group PETA. Jenna got a chance to test her acting skills when she guest-starred in the Off-Broadway play "Pieces" in New York City, which ultimately led to an invitation to join the cast permanently for its six-week run. She has won the Venus Swimwear competition two years in a row (2001 and 2002) and was second runner-up in the Miss Pennsylvania U.S.A. beauty pageant in 2001. Additionally, she is currently a junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in zoology.
Jenna's hobbies include horseback riding, sleeping and hanging out with her animals (a dog, a ferret, three birds, two guinea pigs and a fish). She describes herself as honest, outgoing and funny. If she could hold political office, Jenna would be president of the United States so she could make all the important decisions. Her favorite sport is football. Her favorite teams are the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Denver Broncos. Her hero is her mother, who fought breast cancer for over twelve years before passing away late last year.Jenna is currently single and living in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania. Her birth date is February 15, 1981.
Jenna started on the all-women Jaburu tribe, where she aligned with younger members Christy Smith, Deena Bennett, Heidi Strobel, and Shawna Mitchell. When Jaburu lost immunity on Day 6, Jenna joined her alliance in voting out Janet Koth. When Jaburu lost immunity again on Day 12, Jenna helped her alliance vote out JoAnna Ward. A Tribe Switch resulted in Jenna, Deena, and Shawna remaining on Jaburu. The new Jaburu tribe lost immunity on Day 18. At Tribal Council, Jenna joined Deena, Matthew von Ertfelda, and Rob Cesternino in voting out Shawna for her closeness with Alex Bell.
When the tribes merged into the Jacaré tribe on Day 19, Jenna's alliance now with Alex and Rob managed to control the first few votes, voting out Roger Sexton for his sexism, and Dave Johnson for being a physical and mental threat at the first two post-merge Tribal Councils. Jenna even won immunity on Day 24. However, on Day 27, Jenna turned on Deena, and joined everyone minus Christy and Deena in voting her out for turning on Alex. At the Survivor Auction, Christy outbid Jenna, winning her letter from home, but when another bid was put out by Jeff Probst, the other players let Jenna win the second letter which was from her cancer-stricken mother. Jenna was upset at Christy for outbidding her. At Tribal Council, she along with Heidi and Alex voted for Matthew, but Alex was blindsided.
Heidi and Jenna were furious at Rob for turning against Alex at Tribal Council. While the men were out working, Heidi and Jenna lobbied Christy to align with them in order to oust one of the men. Jenna won the next Immunity Challenge. At Tribal Council, she contributed to Christy's blindside. On Day 36, Jenna broke down in tears, and said she wanted to leave. At Tribal Council, she voted for Rob, but Heidi was voted out. With Heidi gone, Jenna was targeted by the men, but they could not vote her out after she won the Immunity Challenge which forced the men to turn on one another. Matthew formed a secret alliance with Jenna to take her to the Final Two. Although Jenna was interested in siding with Butch Lockley, the tribe unanimously voted him out, sending him to the jury. Jenna won the Final Immunity Challenge which gave her the power to eliminate either Matthew or Rob. She eliminated Rob due to his strong strategic game.
At the Final Tribal Council, Jenna was criticized for her lack of work ethic and even wanting to quit a few days earlier. Due to her stronger relationships with the jury, Jenna was ultimately awarded the title of Sole Survivor in a 6-1 vote, only losing Butch's vote.
|Jenna's Voting History|
|1||Jaburu Tribe Immune|
|3||Jaburu Tribe Immune|
|5||Jaburu Tribe Immune|
|Alex, Christy, Dave,|
Deena, Heidi, Rob
|Sole Survivor, Day 39|
Jenna returned to Survivor and was assigned to the Mogo Mogo tribe. Jenna originally had plans to start an all-women alliance with fellow tribemates Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien and Shii Ann Huang, but things were quickly broken up when the first Survivor winner, Richard Hatch, overheard them scheming on the first day and reported it back to the two other tribe members of Mogo Mogo, Colby Donaldson and Lex van den Berghe. Mogo Mogo did not have to worry though, as the tribe won the first two Immunity Challenges.
However, from Days 6 to 8, Jenna revealed that she was not as focused on the game, stating that she "felt a vibe" that her cancer-stricken mother's condition was worsening. Kathy saw she was not eating and told her to eat something. When Jenna told Kathy about her mother's declining health, Kathy comforted her and told her that she would not hate Jenna if she quit. When the tribes convened at the supposed Immunity Challenge on Day 9, Jenna stated that she would depart the game, feeling that she had to be with her mother. After Jenna announced she was withdrawing from the game, Jeff Probst called in a boat for her, cancelled the Immunity Challenge, and she received hugs from all remaining players in the game. While walking to the boat, Jeff told her that he and the other fifteen castaways were thinking of her. Sadly, eight days after Jenna returned home, her mother passed away with Jenna at her mother's bedside.
|Jenna M.'s Voting History|
|1||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|2||Mogo Mogo Tribe Immune|
|3||No Tribal Council|
|Quit, Day 9|
- In Summer of 2009, Jenna hosted the TVGuide special "Survivor Millionaires: Where Are They Now?" and appeared alongside the first eighteen Survivor winners.
- On January 9, 2010, Jenna attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Jenna was a guest at Rob Cesternino's wedding.
- In 2012, Jenna graduated from Columbia University where she earned a master's degree in counseling and clinical psychology.
- In February 2018, Jenna was facing charges of a DUI possession of drug paraphernalia after she was found passed out in her car.
Relationship with Ethan Zohn
- Jenna dated fellow Sole Survivor and All-Stars contestant Ethan Zohn. In 2013, after a ten-year relationship, Ethan and Jenna officially ended their relationship.
- Jenna's strip with fellow The Amazon contestant Heidi Strobel led to a spread in Playboy magazine, which reportedly earned her yet another million dollars. She also appeared near-nude in an anti-fur ad for PETA with Africa winner Ethan Zohn that featured the slogan "I'd Rather Dance Naked Than Wear Fur!" In addition, Jenna modeled swimwear and was the CEO of a model scouting company called Model Challenge USA, which she founded in 2004.
- In 2003, Jenna had a part in the Off-Broadway play Pieces.
- In 2004, Jenna was on the Board of Directors for Animal Friends in Pittsburgh.
- In 2005, Jenna replaced Richard Hatch as co-host (with Dalton Ross) of CBS's Survivor Live, a Survivor internet talk show. She has since hosted the show throughout five entire seasons - Palau, Guatemala, Panama, Cook Islands, and Fiji.
- Jenna also had a minor role in the TV movie The Scorned in 2005.
- Jenna was also a contestant on a the February 28, 2005 episode of Fear Factor, which featured former reality television contestants. She was eliminated in the second round by Omarosa.
- In 2005, Jenna appeared as a contestant in a special "Castaway Special" episode of Family Feud, where she competed with Christa Hastie, Shii Ann Huang, Susan Hawk, and Tijuana Bradley. The five competed against Ethan Zohn, Jon Dalton, Richard Hatch, Rudy Boesch, and Rupert Boneham.
- Jenna appeared on the premiere episode of Celebrity Paranormal Project on VH1, along with Gary Busey and several others.
- Jenna and Ethan Zohn also appeared as guest chefs on the Food Network show Dinner: Impossible.
- In 2011, Jenna and Ethan Zohn made an appearance on the fourth season of Celebrity Apprentice 4, where their former All-Stars castmate Richard Hatch was a contestant.
- In the summer of 2011, Jenna and Ethan competed on the nineteenth season of The Amazing Race. They were eliminated in the second episode, finishing in 10th place.
- Jenna made an appearance on Celebrity Ghost Stories in 2012.
- Jenna is currently the only castaway to be the youngest contestant on two separate seasons, being the youngest on both The Amazon and All-Stars.
- Jenna's luxury item in The Amazon was a Zeta Crown. It was lost when the Jacaré camp burned down.
- Jenna is the first castaway to give away individual immunity at Tribal Council. She would be followed by Burton Roberts*, Erik Reichenbach, Brandon Hantz, and Chris Underwood.
- Jenna is the first to do so and survive that Tribal Council, followed by Burton and Chris.
- Jenna is the first to do so and subsequently win the game, followed by Chris.
- Jenna is the first woman to win the Final Immunity Challenge and win the game.
- Jenna is tied with Kelly Wiglesworth, Kim Spradlin-Wolfe, and Chrissy Hofbeck for the most individual Immunity Challenges won by a woman in a single season, with 4.
- Jenna is the first woman to win the most individual Immunity Challenges outright and become the Sole Survivor. Vecepia Towery also won the most individual Immunity Challenges with 2, but she tied with Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien and Tammy Leitner in Marquesas.
- Jenna is the first woman in her twenties to win Survivor.
- Jenna is the first of three castaways who was 21 at the time of filming to win the title of Sole Survivor. She would be followed by Fabio Birza who won Nicaragua, and Sophie Clarke who won South Pacific.
- Jenna is the youngest woman to win Survivor at the time of filming, being 21 years, 9 months, and 27 days old at the Final Tribal Council of The Amazon and being 22 years, 2 months, and 26 days old when announced as the Sole Survivor. Jenna was originally the youngest overall until Fabio was declared the winner of Nicaragua at 21.
- Jenna was the first woman to quit the game and the first woman to be eliminated without being voted out.
- In All-Stars, Jenna became the first person to not attend any Tribal Council in a season. She would be followed by Jonathan Libby, Wanda Shirk, Gary Stritesky, Kourtney Moon, Dana Lambert, Caleb Reynolds (in Kaôh Rōng), and Pat Cusack.
- Jenna is the first person to leave the game due to a family emergency. She would be followed by Terry Deitz in Cambodia.
- Jenna is one of four returning players to never be voted out, along with Michael Skupin, Colton Cumbie, and Michele Fitzgerald.
- Jenna was nominated in Survivor: America's Tribal Council in the Sexiest Female category, but lost to Amber Brkich.
- In an interview on Rob Has a Podcast, it was revealed that Jenna and Ethan Zohn were considered to return in South Pacific, after applying for The Amazing Race. The couple declined the offer, saying they were not interested in competing against each other.
- Jordan,, Julie (February 18, 2013). "Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca Break Up After 10 Years Together". People. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20675065,00.html. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Cesternino, Rob (October 14, 2011). "We Chew the Fat with Jenna Morasca About Survivor and The Amazing Race". Rob Has a Podcast. http://robhasawebsite.com/jenna-morasca-survivor-amazing-race-2/.
|Sole Survivor Titleholder
|Survivor: The Amazon Castaways|
|Survivor: All-Stars Castaways|