Jack Nichting is a contestant from Survivor: Island of the Idols.
Jack quickly found himself in the majority on the Vokai tribe, particularly forming strong bonds with Jamal Shipman and Molly Byman. However, after the latter was blindsided at Vokai's first Tribal Council, Jack was relegated to the bottom of the tribe. After a Tribe Switch gave the original Vokai a numbers advantage on the new Lairo tribe, Jack once again seemed to be in a comfortable position. However, he was blindsided just before the merge when Dean Kowalski played Kellee Kim's Hidden Immunity Idol.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Newport News, Virginia
Current residence: Harrisonburg, Virginia
Occupation: Graduate Student
Hobbies: CrossFit, listening to and singing musicals, all-you-can-eat sushi, and exploring the world.
Pet peeves: Being wasteful, rudeness, people running in place at crosswalks, and loud eating.
Three words to describe you: Determined, dreamer, and social.
What accomplishment are you most proud of? Winning the National Championship for club soccer my senior year of college!
Who or what is your inspiration in life? My mom. Overcoming traumatic life events, she picked up and moved abroad to pursue a new job, in a new place, and is now exploring the world. Ultimate free spirit and the definition of a G.O.A.T.
What's one thing we wouldn't know from seeing a photo of you? Externally, I can easily be perceived as a laid back, longhaired, ditzy guy. In reality, I can be quite intellectual, intentional, and LOVE having serious, deep conversations with people.
Which Survivor contestant are you most like? Devon Pinto. Devon just absolutely loves life and constantly radiates good vibes. He is always smiling and so am I.
Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor? I can navigate anyone and every social scenario. I understand I will be a target for people, and I do not take that lightly. I will get rid of anyone I view as a threat to me, without moral qualms. At the same time, I will be intentional in trying to remain more in the background and not viewed as a threat. Finally, if it came to life or death in a challenge, my smarts, physical ability, and focus will always make me a fierce competitor.
Jack was initially placed on the Vokai tribe, where he quickly bonded with Molly Byman, Jamal Shipman, and Tommy Sheehan. However, things quickly changed in the next few days as Lauren Beck and Noura Salman both viewed him as part of a power trio with Jamal and Molly, and Jack was subsequently blindsided at Tribal Council when Molly was voted out on Day 6. Jack worked to rebuild bonds with his allies as attention shifted to Noura's antics.
At the Tribe Switch on Day 12, Jack was swapped to the Lairo tribe along with his closest ally in Jamal, as well as Noura, Janet Carbin, and Kellee Kim. He built relationships with the original Lairo members as well, being supportive of Karishma Patel when she shared a story about her marriage. Though the original Vokai majority succeeded in voting out Tom Laidlaw, Noura's rivalry with Jamal, and by association Jack, slowly but surely escalated as both sides attempted to recruit Dean Kowalski. On Day 15, Jack offhandedly referred to Jamal's buff as a "durag", which Jamal perceived to be a racially motivated comment. Jack immediately realized his mistake, and after Jack apologized and a deeper conversation between the two took place, their friendship was restored, if not strengthened.
When Lairo against lost immunity on Day 19, Jack's original Vokai alliance had to decide between voting out Dean or potentially making a riskier move. Though Jack played up to Dean that he was safe, he assured Kellee that he intended to vote out Dean. However, due to Kellee's connection with Dean, as well as possessing a Hidden Immunity Idol from the Island of the Idols set to expire at that upcoming Tribal Council, Kellee decided that she wanted to keep Dean and split up Jack and Jamal. At Tribal Council, Dean played the idol that Kellee gave him, and his and Noura's two votes for Jack were enough to send Jack out of the game and onto the jury on Day 19.
At the Final Tribal Council, Jack told the finalists that the jury was undecided and that the finalists should be honest. He voted for Tommy to win the title of Sole Survivor, which he did in an 8-2-0 vote.
|Jack's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Vokai Tribe Immune|
|3||Vokai Tribe Immune|
|4||Vokai Tribe Immune|
|6||Lairo Tribe Immune|
|7|| ||Dean, Noura|
|Voted Out, Day 19|
| Voted For|
^1 In "I Was Born at Night, but Not Last Night", Dean used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Jack's vote against him.
- Jack is the youngest contestant to compete on Island of the Idols.
- Jack was an alternate for Edge of Extinction.
- Jack was the only castaway on Island of the Idols to switch tribes and be voted out pre-merge.
- Jack lost 12 lbs. during his time on Island of the Idols.
- Jack is the lowest placing finisher in a non-Edge of Extinction format season to become a juror.
- Jack is the first pre-merger in a non-Edge of Extinction format season to be on the jury since Coach Wade and Courtney Yates in Heroes vs. Villains.
- Despite not reaching the merge, Jack suggested the merged tribe's name.
- Jack did not attend the Island of the Idols Reunion Show.
- ↑ https://www.mylife.com/jack-nichting/e100999509142590
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/216259/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/B6RNgxlAwiH/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/B6RT7LhABI-/
- ↑ https://parade.com/919639/mikebloom/survivor-island-of-the-idols-jack-nichting/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lii-oMuhlEw
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-yYXPo7p4
- ↑ https://twitter.com/LaurenAshBeck/status/1193301392061976576?s=19
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/2687C925-D87E-0E55-C66A-61990556B1DF/survivor-island-of-the-idols-secret-scene-the-meaning-of-lumuwaku/
|Survivor: Island of the Idols Castaways|