After winning the opening Immunity Challenge, Ian played a vital role as he initiated the selection of the Koror tribe, which would prove to be the most dominant tribe in Survivor history. He became an integral member of the Koror Alliance, forming particularly close bonds with Katie Gallagher and Tom Westman, and often played second-in-command to Tom. However, Ian's game began to unravel from the final five onwards, when he first got into a fight with Katie, then later at the final four, when he was caught trying to betray Tom. Ian later decided to throw the Final Immunity Challenge to Tom so that the latter could vote him out and take Katie to the Final Two in a genuine attempt to mend their friendship.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Born and raised on a horse farm in Ambridge, Pennsylvania, Ian Rosenberger attended Quigley Catholic High School in Baden. While there, he lettered in soccer and spent his summers as a camp counselor. He also volunteered his time with the McGuire Home, an organization that helps children with mental and physical disabilities.
Rosenberger will soon be a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where he majored in agricultural extension and educational leadership. Last year, he served as the president of the university's Undergraduate Student Government and as Penn State's Homecoming King. Currently, Rosenberger works as a dolphin trainer and dolphin-assisted therapist for children with disabilities in Key Largo, Florida. He was previously employed as an outdoor adventure group dynamics facilitator, wedding disc jockey, street performer at a major amusement park and construction worker.
Rosenberger enjoys being outside, playing good music with his friends and reading. He describes himself as gregarious and passionate. He is most proud of participating in Penn State's Dance Marathon, the largest student-run philanthropy in the world, where he did not sit or sleep for 48 hours and helped raise $3 million for children with cancer.
Rosenberger is currently single and living in Ambridge, Pennsylvania. He has one younger sister, Kahla (12). His birth date is August 24, 1981.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Ian's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Koror Tribe Immune|
|2||Koror Tribe Immune|
|3||Koror Tribe Immune|
|4||Koror Tribe Immune|
|6||Koror Tribe Immune|
|7||Koror Tribe Immune|
|8||Koror Tribe Immune|
| Jenn, Tom;|
|Voted Out, Day 38|
| Voted for|
^1 In The Ultimate Shock, the vote ended with a 2-2 tie between Ian and Jenn, forcing a revote. Nobody changed their vote on the revote, forcing a fire-making tiebreaker. Ian won the tiebreaker and remained in the game.
- On January 9, 2010, Ian attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- In 2010, in the wake of the Haiti earthquake, Ian founded Team Tassy, which "unlocks the inherent power in every person to end global poverty," and Thread, which "takes trash from poor neighborhoods and turns it into jobs and useful stuff people love."
- Ian got married to Samia Brahimi on April 30, 2016.
- Ian is the fourth-tallest Survivor contestant, at 6'8" (207 cm). He is just short of Cliff Robinson, Scot Pollard, and Mitchell Olson, who are 6' 10" (208 cm), 6' 11" (210 cm), and 7 feet (213 cm) respectively.
- Ian was the youngest member of the Koror tribe.
- Ian was the first man to win the fire-making tiebreaker. Ian was also the first castaway to win a fire-making challenge following a tie vote at the final four, as Stephenie LaGrossa won her fire-making challenge at the final ten as a result of Ulong being decimated to its last two members.
- Ian is the first of three contestants to have been verbally voted out, without a formal vote taking place. He would be followed by Brandon Hantz in Caramoan and Jeff Varner in Game Changers.
- Because Palau was the first season with 20 castaways, Ian was the first castaway to be the 18th person eliminated from a season. He was later followed by Cirie Fields in Micronesia.
- According to Coby Archa, Ian attended casting finals for Heroes vs. Villains.
- Ian was offered a chance to return for Cambodia, but he declined.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/IanRosenberger/status/401056628113297408
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20667/
- ↑ http://www.threadinternational.com/about/ian-rosenberger/
- ↑ https://www.theknot.com/us/samia-brahimi-and-ian-rosenberger-apr-2016
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/ayh8nh/coby_archa_ama/ei2qfr7?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/status/600772125910298624
|Survivor: Palau Castaways|