Despite early success in the first challenge, Gota would go on a losing streak, and tensions rose between two alliances. After the tribe switch, Gota became a powerhouse in challenges, defeating the post-swap Bikal each time. But in the end, the original Fans were overwhelmed in numbers by the Favorites in a 8-4 ratio after the merge. Their tribe color is orange.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- Gota is the second orange Fans tribe, after Airai from Micronesia.
- The town of Gota is one of the main attractions of the Caramoan National Park, the filming location of both Philippines and Caramoan. During World War II, Gota was known to be a gold-mining community.
- The towns of Gota and Bikal (town that the rival tribe is named after) are eastern and western respectively from each other.
- Gota, along with its rival tribe Bikal, are the first starting tribes to never have its name appear in the opening sequence. Instead, "Fans" and "Favorites" were used to refer to them.
- Gota is the second tribe to experience a three-way tie on a Tribal Council, following Zapatera from Redemption Island.
- Unlike Airai, which had an equal number of Fans and Favorites post-tribe switch, post-switch Gota had more Favorites than Fans.
- Gota is the third tribe to receive immunity from the other tribe, following Ravu and Salani.
- Gota is the first Fans tribe to have a finalist in the Final Tribal Council.
- On Survivor Oz, Gota was ranked as one of the most dysfunctional tribes in Survivor history. They ranked fourth with only Ravu, Maraamu, and Ulong ahead of them.
- Gota lived on Catanawan Island, the same island that Matsing and Tandang lived on during Philippines.