Gina Crews is a contestant from Survivor: Marquesas.
Gina formed an alliance with Hunter Ellis, the Maraamu tribe's perceived leader, early on. However, after Hunter was overthrown by the Maraamu Alliance, Gina found herself the odd woman out on the tribe. She would continue to be on the bottom following the Tribe Switch, though she felt accepted by her new tribemates. After Maraamu again lost immunity on Day 18, she was voted out by the members of the original Rotu tribe.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Gina Crews was born and raised in Alachua, Florida. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation with minors in Zoology and Secondary Education from the University of Florida. She also took courses at the University of Central Florida and Santa Fe Community College.
Crews was most recently employed as a naturalist at a nature center while also working as a promotions coordinator for a non-profit organization. She previously worked as a high school biology and earth science teacher, as well as a lifeguard. In 1996, she was crowned the Florida Watermelon Queen and, in 1997, the National Watermelon Queen. In 1998, she won the annual seed-spitting contest with a spitting distance of 37 feet 11 inches.
Crews' favorite hobbies are traveling, backpacking, cooking, rock climbing, canoeing and playing her Baby Taylor guitar. She is also an avid football fan, especially of the University of Florida Gators. Crews is a member of the Sierra Club, the National Wildlife Federation, the Nature Conservatory & the Wilderness Society.
Currently single, Gina Crews lives in Gainesville, Florida, with her two cats, Sammi and Grover, and her black lab mix named LaKota. Her birth date is Feb. 7.
Gina was initally placed on the Maraamu tribe, where she quickly formed a strong friendship with Hunter Ellis. After Maraamu lost the first Immunity Challenge, Gina joined the tribe in voting out Peter Harkey, who was the tribe outsider. By Day 4, Gina and Hunter's friendship solidified into an unofficial alliance. When Marammu lost their second consecutive Immunity Challenge, Gina and Hunter targeted Sarah Jones, whom they perceived to be the weakest link on the tribe. Gina and Hunter talked to the other tandem in the tribe, Sean Rector and Vecepia Towery, along with the only remaining outsider, Patricia Jackson, about voting with them. At Tribal Council, however, Sean and Vecepia sided with Sarah and Rob Mariano, voting out Patricia.
When Rotu won the Day 9 Immunity Challenge, Gina again attempted to convince Sean and Vecepia to side with her and Hunter against Rob. Unfortunately for Gina, Sean and Vecepia remained loyal to their alliance with Rob and joined him in voting out Hunter at the next Tribal Council. The following day, a Tribe Switch occurred, keeping Gina and Sarah on Maraamu, gaining new tribemates Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, Neleh Dennis, and Paschal English. Despite the new additions to the tribe, Maraamu was still unable to win immunity. At the next Tribal Council, Gina sided with the original Rotu members, finally voting out Sarah.
After Maraamu finally won an Immunity Challenge on Day 15, Gina began to feel accepted by her new tribe members, something she had not felt on the original Maraamu. Gina then helped lead her tribe to victory at the next Reward Challenge, but the tribe could not sustain their winning streak, losing the Immunity Challenge on Day 17. Although Gina initially thought that Kathy would be eliminated due to her poor challenge performance, she was surprised to discover that the original Rotu members had voted together, blindsiding her in a unanimous 3-1 vote at Tribal Council.
|Gina's Voting History|
|5||Maraamu Tribe Immune|
|Voted Out, Day 18|
- Gina current works as a jewelry designer. She made the necklace that host Jeff Probst wore during Survivor: Samoa.
- Gina is currently a middle school assistant principal.
- On January 9, 2010, Gina attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Gina got married in 2007 and currently has four children.
- Gina survived breast cancer in 2017.
- Gina's luxury item was an adventure bag.
- Gina is the only original Maraamu member who won a tribal Immunity Challenge with the Maraamu tribe.
- Gina is the highest-placing castaway to never be a part of the Rotu tribe.
- Probst, Jeff (February 11, 2010). "'Survivor': Jeff Probst Ranks All the Seasons, Worst to First". Entertainment Weekly. https://ew.com/gallery/survivor-jeff-probst-ranks-all-seasons-worst-first/#20738533. Retrieved March 13, 2012.
- Ross, Dalton (July 16, 2020). "Survivor Quarantine Questionnaire: Gina Crews spills on Marquesas". Entertainment Weekly. https://ew.com/tv/survivor-marquesas-gina-crews-quarantine-questionnaire/. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
|Survivor: Marquesas Castaways|