Fang is a tribe from Survivor: Gabon.
Fang was one of two tribes with 9 castaways that began in "Want to See the Elephant Dung?". The tribe was known for their extensive losing streak in challenges during the pre-merge portion of the game, but managed to rebound post-merge by systematically eliminating the rival Kota tribe members. Their tribe color is red.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
- From the beginning of the game until the second Tribe Switch, the tribe's name was pronounced as /fɑng/ (pronounced "fong"), but after the second switch, it was changed by Corinne Kaplan to /fæng/ (sounding like how "fang" is usually pronounced in American English), because she thought the original pronunciation was "tainted" due to its misfortunes.
- Matty Whitmore is the only original member of Fang to stay on the tribe until the merge.
- Among all the red tribes in Survivor history, Fang fared the worst in challenges, winning only four of the season's thirteen tribal challenges.
- Fang, along with its rival Kota tribe, are the third and fourth tribes to have its tribe name originate from an actual tribe or ethnic group, following Africa's Boran and Samburu tribes, which are also African-based tribes. Fang is the dominant language of the Bantu and is spoken by 32% of Gabon inhabitants.
- Fang, along with Kota, are the first two tribes to be a part of two full tribe switches.