Fang is a tribe from Survivor: Gabon.
Fang was one of two tribes with 9 castaways that began in "Want to See the Elephant Dung?". The tribe was known for their extensive losing streak in challenges during the pre-merge portion of the game, but managed to rebound post-merge by systematically eliminating the rival Kota tribe members. Their tribe color is red.
|1||One for All||Reward/Immunity1||None||GC||None||Michelle
|1st Voted Out|
|Lemme Go Rock 'N' Roll||Reward/Immunity||None||Lost||Dan||Gillian
|2nd Voted Out|
|2||Kicking and Screaming||Reward||Ken||Won||None||Tribe Immune|
|Tribes Switched, Day 7|
|3||Big Oar Deal||Immunity||None||Lost||Sugar2||Jacquie
|4th Voted Out|
|5th Voted Out|
|5||Snake In the Grass||Reward||None||Lost||Sugar||Kelly
|6th Voted Out|
|7th Voted Out|
|Tribes Switched, Day 19|
|7||Keep It Up||Immunity||None||Won||None||Tribe Immune|
|Tribes Merged, Day 27|
^1 The tribes competed for both tribal reward and individual immunity. GC was the first to reach the Fang's individual Immunity Idol, but the Kota tribe reached the finish line first, losing Fang the tribal portion of the challenge.
^2 Due to the odd number of players at the time of the tribe switch, Sugar, the odd person out, was sent to Exile Island, and rejoined the game as a member of Fang, replacing Jacquie and evening the tribes at 7-7.
^3 Both tribes were sent to Tribal Council. The tribes competed in an individual Immunity Challenge.
^4 The winner of the challenge, Marcus from Kota, was given a second Immunity Necklace to assign to one member of Fang, in which he chose Sugar.
|Original Tribes||First Switched Tribes||Second Switched|
^1 Due to the odd number of players at the time of the tribe switch, Sugar, the odd person out, was sent to Exile Island, and rejoined the game as a member of Fang, replacing Jacquie and evening the tribes at 7-7.
- From the beginning of the game until the second Tribe Switch, the tribe's name was pronounced as /fɑng/ (pronounced "fong"), but after the second switch, it was changed by Corinne Kaplan to /fæng/ (sounding like how "fang" is usually pronounced in American English), because she thought the original pronunciation was "tainted" due to its misfortunes.
- Matty Whitmore is the only original member of Fang to stay on the tribe until the merge.
- Among all the red tribes in Survivor history, Fang fared the worst in challenges, winning only four of the season's thirteen tribal challenges.
- Fang, along with its rival Kota tribe, are the third and fourth tribes to have its tribe name originate from an actual tribe or ethnic group, following Africa's Boran and Samburu tribes, which are also African-based tribes. Fang is the dominant language of the Bantu and is spoken by 32% of Gabon inhabitants.
- Fang, along with Kota, are the first two tribes to be a part of two full tribe switches.
- Fang's camp was later used as the camp for the merged tribe Nobag.