Fallen Comrades (also known as Crush) is a recurring challenge in Survivor.
The remaining contestants answers questions about the eliminated contestants. The castaway to score the most questions correctly or the one who correctly answers ten questions first wins.
Fallen Comrades was first used in Borneo as the final four Immunity Challenge. After a very close contest, it ultimately came down to Kelly Wiglesworth and Susan Hawk. The tiebreaker question was "What was Sonja's last name?" Susan did not know, while Kelly correctly answered "Christopher" and won immunity.
In Africa, this was used as the final four Immunity Challenge. Tom Buchanan initially had the lead, but Kim Johnson and Lex van den Berghe caught up. The final question was "Which contestant had no piercings, including their ears?" Tom incorrectly answered Jessie Camacho, Kim J. answered Kelly Goldsmith, while Lex answered Lindsey Richter. Kim J. was awarded the point and won immunity.
In Marquesas, this was used as the final four Immunity Challenge. Everyone was relatively even. However, Vecepia Towery won when she correctly answered the question, "What branch of the military did John train to be a registered nurse?" She answered the Air Force, whilst the others answered the Army, thus giving her immunity.
In San Juan del Sur, the challenge was for individual reward and was conducted in a manner similar to Q and A, except with questions about castaways who were in the game post-merge. In each round, everyone who answered the question correctly would get to chop a section of another person's rope. Once a rope was chopped three times, a large rock would drop on a skull and that player would be out of the challenge. The majority Fab Five alliance of Baylor Wilson, Jaclyn Schultz, Jon Misch, Missy Payne, and Natalie Anderson immediately targeted the minority alliance of Reed Kelly, Alec Christy, and Keith Nale and systematically eliminated all three of them by the end of the first two questions. After the second question, it became apparent that the remaining five were planning to manipulate the game to ensure that Missy would win. As a result, rather than waste time conducting the challenge, host Jeff Probst ended the challenge and announced Missy as the winner.
"The Final Four"
|The Australian Outback
"The Most Deserving"
"The Final Four: No Regrets"
"The Sole Survivor"
|San Juan del Sur
"Kind of Like Cream Cheese"
- Vecepia Towery is the only Sole Survivor to win this challenge.
- Every other winner of this challenge became an eventual runner-up of their season.
- Colby Donaldson is the only man to win this challenge.
- Missy Payne is the only person to win this challenge and finish in third place.
- This challenge, along with Survivor Quiz Show and Chinese Zodiac Symbols, are the only recurring challenges to be used at Tribal Council.
- There was some controversy surrounding the challenge when it was used in Africa. The anomaly was the final question ("Which female contestant has no piercings?") The official answer, given by Kim Johnson to earn the win, was Kelly Goldsmith. Lex van den Berghe answered the question with Lindsey Richter's name, who, unknown to the producers, also had no piercings. After the producers were alerted to the mistake, both third-place finisher Lex and fourth-place finisher Tom Buchanan were awarded the $100,000 runner-up prize instead of the traditional third and fourth place earnings.
- Eliza Orlins used this challenge as part of her jury speech on Micronesia.