With one hand, the castaways would hang on to a rope with several knots tied into it. The rope would be tied to one end of a heavy log. The other end of the log would be connected to a pivot point on a platform that the castaways would stand on. The castaways would start at the knot closest to the end of the log. After a set amount of time, they would change hands and move one knot further down the rope. This would increase the angle of the log at the pivot point and increase the weight that the castaways would have to hold. The castaway who held on to the rope the longest would win.
During Survivor: Samoa, the amount of time before the castaways have to change hands was 3 minutes. Jaison Robinson won the challenge, last defeating Dave Ball, by using the advantage he had won in the Survivor Auction that occurred earlier in the episode.
"Off with Their Heads!"
"Come Over to the Dark Side"
- Both times this challenge was used:
- It was used immediately after the Survivor Auction.
- The winner was a man. His first name started with the letter "J", and he bought a Challenge Advantage during the auction.
- The person first out of the challenge eventually placed sixth.
- The last woman left standing would go on to be the highest-ranking woman of the season, or tied for such.