Crystal Cox is a contestant from Survivor: Gabon.
Crystal found herself on the ill-fated Fang tribe early on, where, despite being an Olympic gold medalist, she performed poorly in several physical challenges. In spite of her poor challenge performances and heated confrontations with several of her tribemates, she formed a powerful alliance with Ken Hoang, with the two leading the Fang Alliance in a coup against the ruling Onion Alliance following the merge. A failed split vote plan orchestrated by the pair led to their alliance fracturing, however, and Crystal was ultimately blindsided at the final six when Sugar Kiper flipped against her.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Crystal Cox (29)
Hometown: Durham, North Carolina
Occupation: Former Olympic Athlete
Crystal Cox, a 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist in track for the 4 X 400m Relay, is ready to tackle new challenges as a contestant on this season of Survivor. As a single mother and athlete, she is the sole provider for her family and calls herself "the glue that holds the home together."
As a child, Cox's family frequently moved, forcing her to adapt. The only girl in a home with four brothers, Crystal held her own physically and became mentally tough as a result.
Cox currently works as childcare teacher, high school track coach and a professional athlete. She has a B.A. in communications from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
When Crystal is not training to compete, she enjoys surfing the internet, traveling and relaxing. Her hobbies include volleyball, kickball and softball. She describes herself as a leader who is outspoken and open minded. She possesses the three "Bs" required to be Sole Survivor, which are: brains, beauty and blazing speed!
Cox currently lives with her daughter, Destiny, her boyfriend Harry and his son in Durham, North Carolina. Her birth date is March 28, 1979.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Crystal's Voting History|
|2||Fang Tribe Immune|
|Voted Out, Day 36|
^1 In "The Good Guys Should Win in the End", Matty used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Crystal's vote against him.
- On January 9, 2010, Crystal attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party along with all of her Gabon castmates.
- On January 29, 2010, the Associated Press and ESPN.com reported that Crystal admitted to using anabolic steroids from 2001 through 2004. As a result, she has forfeited all of her results from that time period, and received a four-year suspension. The suspension lasted until January 2014. In 2012, Crystal was stripped of her gold medal.
- Crystal applied for Survivor at an open casting call in Virginia.
- Crystal is the tallest woman to play Survivor so far, at 6'3" (190 cm).
- Crystal, along with her tribemate Ken Hoang, was on a tribe with every castaway in her season at some point, with the exception of Paloma Soto-Castillo.
- Crystal won 2 challenges and lost 19 over the course of the game. Of the 19 losses, 11 were tribal challenges, and 8 were individual challenges.
- Crystal had the most votes cast against her in Gabon, with 11.
- Crystal lost 22 lbs. during her time in Gabon.
|Survivor: Gabon Castaways|