A prominent and well-liked castaway on the pre-swap "Brawn" Aparri tribe, he was targeted as a threat by fellow Brawns and power duo Tony Vlachos and Trish Hegarty, who allied on post-swap Solana with Beauties Jefra Bland and LJ McKanas to blindside Cliff, sending Cliff home and leading to his distraught ally Lindsey Ogle to quit that same night.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Cliff Robinson (46)
Tribe Designation: Brawn Tribe
Current Residence: Buffalo, N.Y.
Occupation: Former NBA All-Star
Personal Claim to Fame: Playing 18 years in the NBA. (Played for the Portland Trail Blazers, Phoenix Suns, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors and New Jersey Nets)
Inspiration in Life: Muhammad Ali, because of his strong belief system and what he stood for.
Hobbies: Golf, off roading/camping, and bowling.
Pet Peeves: People who chew their food with their mouth open.
3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, funny and loyal.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? A rain coat to keep dry, soap so I can keep myself clean, and a Leatherman because it's a multi-tool.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Boston Rob, because he had a good way of getting people to trust him.
Reason for Being on Survivor: The challenge of the show being so tough, and the million dollars.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" Survivor: I know how to fish, cook, and have good athleticism.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I think I would do well in challenges. I also have a good ability to make people feel comfortable with me.
Due to his athleticism, height, and strength, Cliff was placed on the Brawn tribe. After electing Sarah as leader and Trish being signled out as the weakest, Cliff found himself in a decent position and a friendship formed with Woo. However, his closeness to Woo and eventually Lindsey was viewed as a threat by Sarah, prompting her to start a plan to throw the Day 11 Immunity Challenge. Tony and Trish were on board, but Woo wasn't sure what to do. Fortunately for Cliff, his basketball skills and the Brains' ineffectiveness in the challenge ensured he and the entirety of Brawn made it to the swap.
Aside from Sarah, everyone from original Brawn was on the new Solana, joined by LJ and Jefra from beauty. Cliff was pretty comfortable in this majority and targeted LJ right away. However, Trish and LJ grew close due to their similar backgrounds and Tony found himself in the swing position. Ultimately, Tony was willing to forge a new sub alliance and took out the leader of the Brawn alliance, Cliff, in a 5-2 blindside.
|Cliff's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|Aparri Tribe Immune|
|2||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|3||Aparri Tribe Immune|
|4||LJ|| Jefra, LJ,|
|Voted Out, Day 14|
- After his time filming on Survivor, Cliff was one of the former NBA players who traveled to North Korea with Dennis Rodman.
- Cliff opened a marijuana business called Uncle Spiffy in 2016.
- In early March 2017, Cliff was hospitalized after suffering a brain hemorrhage.
- Cliff is the oldest male castaway in Cagayan.
- Cliff is the third-tallest contestant. Standing at 6'10" (208 cm), just short of Mitchell Olson who is 7 feet (213 cm) tall and Scot Pollard who is 6'11" (210 cm).
- Cliff is the first former NBA player to compete on Survivor. He is the eighth former athlete from the major American professional sports leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) to compete on Survivor, following Ted Rogers, Jr., Gary Hogeboom, Grant Mattos, Steve Wright, Jeff Kent, and Brad Culpepper.
- Cliff is the third consecutive African-American to be eliminated on Cagayan, the first two being Brice Johnston and J'Tia Taylor.
|Survivor: Cagayan Castaways|