Christina Cha is a contestant from Survivor: One World.
Though perceived as lacking game awareness and subjected to derision because of it, Christina was able to survive being targeted for elimination and responded with decency whenever being ridiculed about her poor position in the game. Her apparent unpopularity, however, allowed her to make it deep into the game, ultimately getting voted off one day shy of the Final Tribal Council.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Christina Cha (29)
Tribe Designation: Salani
Current Residence: West Hollywood, Calif.
Occupation: Career Consultant
Personal Claim to Fame: Senior year of college when I was president, my class won 5th place amongst several universities for the Honda Fit Advertisement Campaign.
Inspiration in Life: Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi with his inspiration of enrollment and empowerment in transforming people in non-violence movement and Winston Churchill. I know they contradict. However, he is one of the most sophisticated and insightful politicians who will go down in history as one of the world's most admired leaders.
Hobbies: Snowboarding, writing and hiking.
Pet Peeves: When people have poor follow-up skills.
3 Words to Describe You: Fearless, unstoppable and empowering.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: Kristina on Redemption Island because she likes to take the lead and stands up for herself. I'm the same way. My sense of humor, though, is very sarcastic and dry like Francesca Hogi.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I want to play the game because I know I can do it and it looks like so much fun! I also hope this show will bring my family closer together.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I'm very great at delegating, instructing, leading, organizing and problem solving. I can build a fire, fish, spear fish (sort of) and build shelter.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: Survivor needs a funny, goofy and cute Asian girl! It's time to represent.
Christina caught the attention of Alicia Rosa when she was trying to make a deal with the men of the rival Manono tribe to help them set up their camp. This led to a collision between the two in their first Tribal Council: a rivalry that would last for most of the game. After another Immunity Challenge loss on Day 6, Christina found herself in the minority, as the majority alliance of Alicia, Chelsea Meissner, Sabrina Thompson, Kat Edorsson, and Kim Spradlin voted off Nina Acosta.
After Nina's ouster, the women agreed to set aside their differences and become a more cohesive tribe, which led to an upstream of three consecutive challenge victories, sending the men to their first Tribal Council. The winning streak ended after the fourth Immunity Challenge, and Christina was presumably set to be Salani's next casualty, but was saved when Manono unprecedentedly forfeited their immunity to settle an insurmountable dispute.
A Day 12 tribe switch sent Christina, Alicia, and Monica Culpepper to the new Manono tribe where Christina initially perceived to be in a majority with the other two women and Colton Cumbie, the lone gay Manono member who had befriended the women from the start. However, Alicia and Colton had conspired to eliminate her and Monica. Seen as a bigger threat than Christina however, Alicia and Colton directed the vote against Monica instead. Alone, Christina found herself not only on the outs, but also ridiculed by the two conspirators, more so after attempting to convince Colton's allies, Tarzan Smith, Leif Manson, and Jonas Otsuji, to turn on him. Despite Colton's mistreatment towards her, she later found him in the jungle curled in a ball suffering from an illness and helped him back to camp. This resulted in Colton being medically evacuated on Day 16. The two tribes merged at Tribal Council with six men and six women.
After making amends with Alicia, Christina was adopted into the women's alliance, seeking to systematically eliminate the men. Convincing the men swapped to Salani, Troyzan Robertson, Jay Byars, and Michael Jefferson to turn against their fellow men, they eliminated Jonas in a 10-2 vote. It was too late when the men found themselves tricked by the women, and for the next three votes, Troyzan's Hidden Immunity Idol was used for naught, and Michael, Leif, and Jay were next to go.
Desperate to stay alive, Troyzan attempted to fake a Hidden Immunity Idol to fool the women. As a contingency plan, Christina allowed herself to be in a split vote with Troyzan, potentially allowing the women to eliminate Troyzan in a revote in case Troyzan does not use the idol. Christina leaked the plan to Troyzan as an attempt to seize the game for herself. However, Troyzan instead used the information as an opening to pit Christina against the other women. The leak turned out to be inconsequential as the women held strong, voting off Troyzan, with Christina avoiding elimination by a single vote. Christina's non-threat status had allowed her to navigate through the next two votes where the women blindsided Kat Edorsson, who believed she was more invaluable to the alliance than Christina was, before finishing Tarzan Smith, and by extension, the men off.
With the men wiped out, the pairs of Christina and Alicia, and Chelsea and Sabrina vied to secure a final three pact with Kim, who had won the next Immunity Challenge. Despite Kim considering to vote Chelsea out and take Christina to the final three instead, she chose to honor her accord with Chelsea and Sabrina, eliminating Alicia, the perceived better player from the minority, first. Feeling cornered, Christina put up a valiant effort at the Final Immunity Challenge, going toe on toe with Kim, though Kim won the challenge by a hair. Defeated, Christina expressed she had accepted her fate, despite Kim's last-minute wavering whether or not she should keep Chelsea. Refusing to make a final pitch, Christina became the final jury member in a 3-1 vote.
At the Final Tribal Council, she praised Kim for her superior game while alluded Chelsea being a mean person. She was mentioned by Jonas when he questioned why no one considered bringing Christina to the end. In the end, Christina cast her vote for Kim, which became one of seven that won Kim the title of Sole Survivor and the million dollar prize.
|Christina's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Salani Tribe Immune|
|4||Salani Tribe Immune|
|Voted Out, Day 38|
| Voted for|
- Christina hosted the Survivor: Philippines recap show on AfterBuzz TV AfterShow.
- On a 2013 episode of Survivor After Show, Christina revealed that she is working as a sales director and that her jury speech on One World inspired her employer to offer her the job.
- Christina faced controversy after defending the "I Want to be Ninja" song created by her friend, which was considered racially insensitive to the Asian-American community.
- In 2013, Christina starred a Tony Stewart's car wash - Wallhaulers commercial along with Survivor: Pearl Islands castaway Christa Hastie.
- Christina co-host with comedian Craig Shoemaker on the Jon Lovitz Comedy Network called Craig Shoemaker Show where she revealed that she is dating Bravo Top CJ Jacobson.
- Christina attended the Survivor edition of The Price Is Right primetime special that aired on May 23, 2016. However, Christina herself did not compete.
- It initially appeared that Christina left her money unused at the Survivor Auction, however, in a Twitter announcement, Christina revealed that she actually purchased lasagna for $80 but it was not shown on television, hence why she could not outbid Troyzan by then.
- Christina had the most votes cast out of any other female in One World, with 9 votes.
- Christina lost 23 lbs. during her time in One World.
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81119/
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/user/AfterBuzzTV?feature=watch
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_p3i2bpw-4
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_p3i2bpw-4&list=FLjLr63ViWGpDBcmVjTYPAJQ
- ↑ http://jlcn.tv/craig-shoemaker/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BCrNRA8FObE/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/#!/Christina_Cha/statuses/192871771425349633
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHnewl27l8s
|Survivor: One World Castaways|