Chase Rice is a contestant from Survivor: Nicaragua.
Although popular and well-liked by most of his tribemates, Chase struggled with keeping his word at several key points in the game, most notably to Brenda Lowe and Jane Bright. Ultimately, the jury castigated him for his indecisiveness at the Final Tribal Council, losing to Fabio Birza in a 5-4-0 vote.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Chase Rice (24)
Tribe: La Flor
Current Residence: Fairview, N.C.
Occupation: Pro Race Car Jackman
Personal Claim to Fame: Winning the John Lotz Award. It is awarded to the student at the University of North Carolina that overcomes the most adverse circumstances.
Inspiration in Life: My father. I found out after he passed away that I got more from him in 22 years than most people get in a lifetime. He was always there for me no matter what.
Hobbies: Working on cars, riding 4-wheelers, hunting.
Pet Peeves: Lazy people.
3 Words to Describe You: Adventurous, athletic, competitive.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: JT, the man's from the South. I've gotta stick with my southern roots.
Reason for being on Survivor: It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Why you think you will be the Sole Survivor: I'm hoping people will trust me because I'm from the South and people tend to trust a southerner.
Chase was ecstatic as he thought he was on the same tribe as legendary NFL coach Jimmy Johnson. This was made better when Brenda Lowe found the Medallion of Power. However, the tribes were revealed to be divided by age. Being 24 at the time, Chase was placed on the La Flor tribe. La Flor gave the Medallion to the rival Espada tribe in exchange for fishing gear and flint. He viewed the Espada tribe as "antiques", but still lucky to have Jimmy J.'s leadership. The younger tribe felt they would dominate challenges. They won the first challenge. Chase joined an alliance made by Shannon Elkins. He also befriended Brenda quickly because he viewed her as trustworthy. Shannon was annoyed by this, viewing Brenda as a strategic threat. Conflicts emerged when NaOnka Mixon couldn't find her socks and stole Fabio Birza's. Espada won the next challenge because they used the medallion. After losing, Shannon tried to pressure Chase into voting out Brenda. At Tribal Council, Chase voted out Shannon instead he viewed him as untrustworthy. La Flor won the next two challenges, the latter with help from the medallion. Brenda told Chase that NaOnka had found the Hidden Immunity Idol, solidifying the bond between them.
The tribes headed to the next Reward Challenge. Before the challenge started, a Tribe Switch was held. Chase, along with NaOnka, Alina Wilson, and Benry Henry, was selected to be on the new Espada by Holly Hoffman. The brand new Espada won the challenge which was for three chickens. Tyrone Davis informed the newcomers about the rules of the Espada tribe, which annoyed them all. Holly bonded with Chase and Alina because they reminded her of her son and daughter. Holly aligned herself with the younger people, giving them control of the tribe. Espada lost the Immunity Challenge and NaOnka had a breakdown. Chase comforted her and the alliance voted out Tyrone for his dictatorial leadership. The next challenge was for Individual Immunity as both tribes had to go to Tribal Council. Holly won immunity but failed to win Espada a feast. Dan Lembo was the initial target for being the tribe's biggest detriment and even wanting to leave. However, everyone deemed Yve Rojas was too big of a threat to go to the merge. Espada won the next challenge, which was for a trip to a local farm. Chase was particularly happy to go on the reward because it reminded him of his father. Espada won immunity, keeping Chase safe.
The next Tree Mail had a chest and a note saying that "company will be arriving soon". The La Flor tribe arrived with the key with them. The tribe noticed that Jill Behm was voted out, suggesting that Marty Piombo wasn't in control of the game as they believed. The tribes had merged and the feasted. Marty named the tribe Libertad, which was the Spanish word for liberty. Chase clicked with fellow North Carolina contestant Jane Bright. NaOnka stole food after everyone helped themselves to the tortillas she made for herself. She shared the food with Alina. When everyone found out, they took it out on Alina. At the first Immunity Challenge, Chase was outlasted by Fabio who ended up winning immunity. Alina was voted out in a 10-2 vote, with Jane continuing her vendetta on Marty. At the first Reward Challenge of the merge, Chase was unpicked as the teams were divided randomly. The teams ended up being the remaining men vs. the remaining women. Chase was given the opportunity to support one team and if that team should win the challenge he would be able to go on the reward with them. Chase did something crazy and supported the women, which annoyed the men. The women lost and Chase missed out on the reward too. While they were away, Marty tried to organize an all-male rebellion. Marty's plan was to flush NaOnka's Idol and blindside Jane. Although Chase agreed that NaOnka's personality was a problem, he voted against Marty, who ended up being voted out, because of his loyalty to his alliance. Chase was teamed with Fabio, Jane, NaOnka, and Kelly Shinn at the next Reward Challenge. They won the reward, which was for pizza, brownies, sodas, and a trip to go volcano surfing. Chase alerted Brenda to Holly and Benry's campaign to eliminate her. He tried to save Brenda, but he failed and voted against Brenda. The next challenge was for reward. Chase's team won the challenge for a trip to a preview of Gulliver's Travels. NaOnka and Purple Kelly announced they wanted to quit. NaOnka gave Chase her Idol. Chase, along with most of the people at Tribal Council pleaded with them to stay, but both women left the game that night.
The next challenge was the Second Chance challenge. Chase won and chose his allies, Holly and Jane to accompany him. Chase fretted his decision about leaving Sash Lenahan behind as he was a swing vote. Sash won immunity and after weighing his options, he joined Chase in voting out Benry. The next Tree Mail came with a smartphone, with messages from everyone loved ones. Sure enough, the next challenge was the Loved Ones Challenge. Chase with his mom, Connie, won the challenge. He opted to take Sash, Holly, and their loved ones to join them: Sash's mother and Holly's husband Charles. The decision angered the other three, especially Fabio because he would have taken Chase. Dan's son called Chase an idiot. The alliance deemed Fabio the biggest threat to win and wanted him gone. However, their plans went into a tailspin when Fabio won immunity. Chase, Holly, and Sash decide to turn on Jane instead of voting off the outsider Dan, right in front of Jane. Chase used his Idol as it was last chance to use it and Jane was unanimously voted out. Fabio won immunity again and the trio vote out Dan. Dan voted against Chase because he wanted nothing to do with him. Fabio continued his dominance by winning the Final Immunity Challenge. Chase talked to Fabio and learned that Sash was throwing him under the bus. Despite that, the young men voted out Holly as she was the biggest threat to win the game.
At Final Tribal Council, Chase was prepared for the questions and was ready to answer them honestly. Chase was criticized by the jury for his indecisiveness and inability to keep promises, especially by Marty and Dan. At the reunion, Chase was revealed to be the runner-up, earning the votes of Alina, Brenda, Jane, and Holly. He lost to Fabio who got the other five votes. He also performed one of his songs at the Reunion.
|Chase's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|3||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|4||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|7||Espada Tribe Immune|
| Jury Votes|
| Alina, Brenda,|
|Runner-Up, Day 39|
^1 In "This Is Going to Hurt", Chase used a Hidden Immunity Idol, but did not negate any votes against him.
- Chase is currently pursuing a country music career. "Cruise", a song Chase co-wrote with 4 other people reached #1 on the December 15, 2012 Country Airplay Chart spending a total of three weeks at the position.
- On April 26, 2014, Chase performed at the Country Music Marathon Concert in Nashville along with Nashville actors Charles Esten and Clare Bowen.
- In December 2014, Chase appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! performing his song "Gonna Wanna Tonight".
- Chase was nominated for "Breakthrough Artist of the Year" at the CMT Music Awards in 2015.
- On January 27, 2020, Chase appeared on the fourth episode of the 24th season of The Bachelor.
- On June 27, 2020, Chase sparked controversy by holding a concert with a packed crowd in attendance in Tennessee with no signs of socializing distancing or anybody wearing masks amid the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.
- If NaOnka Mixon and Kelly Shinn had not been permitted to join the jury after their simultaneous quit, and the same vote had happened at the Final Tribal Council, Chase would have beaten Fabio Birza in a 4-3-0 vote.
- At the Day 22 Reward Challenge, Chase became the first castaway to not be picked and miss out on the benefit of competing in the challenge. However, he was given the opportunity to choose the winning team; if he chose correctly, he would get to go on the reward with them. He chose the team of women, who would go on to lose the challenge.
- Chase performed a sample of one of his singles at the Nicaragua live Reunion Show.
- Chase is the first man to receive all of his jury votes from women.
- Chase is the first male finalist to make it to Final Tribal Council without winning individual immunity, but not become the Sole Survivor.
- ↑ "Chase Rice". Taste of Country. http://tasteofcountry.com/tags/chase-rice/. Retrieved April 17, 2015.
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/44279/
- ↑ http://www.examiner.com/article/charles-esten-clare-bowen-chase-rice-perform-at-country-music-marathon-concert
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h58iybkKL0M
- ↑ https://instagram.com/p/2n9SiTLqlN/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82nnE5C2P58
- ↑ Willman, Chris (June 28, 2020). "Country Stars Chase Rice, Chris Janson Spark Outrage With Videos of Packed Concert Crowds". Variety. https://variety.com/2020/music/news/chase-rice-concert-crowd-packed-video-social-distancing-1234692620/. Retrieved June 29, 2020.
|Survivor: Nicaragua Castaways|