Cannonball Run (also known as One Track Mind) is a recurring Survivor challenge.
Castaways must race to obtain pieces of a puzzle that they must use to build a table maze, by either crossing a balance beam or traversing a rope bridge. They must then maneuver a ball through the maze, avoiding trap holes along the way. The first person to solve their puzzle and maneuver their ball through to the finish wins.
The challenge debuted in Survivor: Cook Islands. The contestants had carry to four groups of puzzle pieces across a balance beam. Once all four groups were across the balance beam, they would use the puzzle pieces to build a table maze and guide a ball through the maze. The challenge came down to Ozzy Lusth against Yul Kwon, with Yul leading, but Ozzy was able to come from behind and win yet another Immunity Challenge, earning him a spot in the final 5.
In Survivor: Philippines, the contestants had to use two planks to cross a rope bridge, where they would collect two puzzle pieces along the way. If they fell off the rope bridge, they would have to start again. After crossing the bridge, they had to climb down a ladder and assemble a ball puzzle. They then pulled out a pin, releasing a ball into the maze. They would then guide the ball through the maze, into the finish hole. Despite being the only one to fall off the ladder in the rope ladder stage, Malcolm Freberg came from far behind during the puzzle assembly stage to take his second individual immunity in a row.
"I Have the Advantage... for Once"
"Gouge My Eyes Out"
- This challenge has only been used for individual immunity.
- Both times the challenge was used, a black tribe was partaking in it.
- Both winners returned in "Fans vs. Favorites" seasons and placed 9th.
- They also have both placed 4th in their Survivor careers.
- Jonathan Penner has competed in both seasons where this challenge has been used, but was eliminated before he could participate in it.