He was the fiancé and Blood vs. Water partner of Survivor: One World contestant, Colton Cumbie. Their romance sparked confusion among fans, as Caleb was perceived as Colton's polar opposite. Whereas Colton was highly despised for his controversial statements, Caleb was generally liked, but just as devious.
Caleb passed away on June 24, 2014 after a work-related railroad accident.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Caleb Bankston (26)
Tribe Designation: Tadhana
Relationship to Significant Castaway: Colton's Fiancé
Current Residence: Collinsville, Alabama
Occupation: Post Office Manager/Farmer
Personal Claim to Fame: Shooting a 12-point buck on my first deer hunt.
Inspiration in Life: My momma and dad. They built a small five acre farm into a large cattle/chicken operation and have helped me more than I deserve or could ever return. They are very hard working and focused people and they have taught me how to be a man.
Hobbies: Riding horses, working with my dogs and hunting/fishing.
Pet Peeves: People who don't put down their cell phones.
Three Words to Describe You: Hard-working, hard-headed, and outdoorsman.
If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) My duck call 2) My camouflage Alabama hat 3) A gallon of sweet tea
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: JT because we both farm, we are both tough and can do just about anything. We aren't stupid just because we talk slow.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Showing America how farm boys from Alabama do things.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I can definitely outlast anybody and I won't have any enemies.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: I am very good at working with my hands, really good at figuring things out and problem solving.
What Does It Mean to You to Play Survivor with Your Loved One? Survivor made Colton realize a lot of things he didn't know about himself. Some things were good and some were not so good. He grew so much from that experience and I wish I could have been there to experience it with him. When we learned it was a possibility that we could play Survivor together, I jumped at the chance because as much as he grew as a person from the first time playing, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that our relationship could withstand anything and it would only be strengthened through Survivor. However, on a selfish level, I wanted to help show America what love looks like because it doesn't matter whether it is between two men, two women, or a man and woman. Love is love and I love Colton.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
|Caleb's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|5||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|6||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|7||Tadhana Tribe Immune|
|11||Ciera|| Ciera, Gervase,|
|Voted Out, Day 29|
|12||On Redemption Island|
|Eliminated, Day 30|
| Voted for|
^1 In One Armed Dude and Three Moms, the vote ended with a 3-3 tie between Brad and Ciera, forcing a revote. Caleb did not change his vote on the revote.
- On June 24, 2014, Caleb was working for the Alabama Warrior Railway in Birmingham, checking on something between two train cars. According to the coroner Bill Yates, Caleb accidentally fell off when a derailment occurred. The funeral was held at Crossville Memorial Chapel. The interment was at DeKalb Memory Gardens. Caleb and Colton were supposed to get married in October 2014.
- Caleb is the third of five deceased former Survivor contestants, the others being Jenn Lyon (2010), B.B. Andersen (2013), Dan Kay (2016), and Ashley Massaro (2019).
- Caleb lost 23 lbs. (10.5 kg) during his time in Survivor: Blood vs. Water.
- ↑ http://www.people.com/article/caleb-bankston-survivor-dead-railway-accident-train-derailed
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/214730/
- ↑ http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/06/25/former-survivor-contestant-27-killed-in-railroad-accident/#.U6unXm3h6JU.facebook
- ↑ http://www.legacy.com/ns/obituary.aspx?n=caleb-bankston&pid=171488490
- ↑ http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/gadsdentimes/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=171496486
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIoL87EAZFA
|Survivor: Blood vs. Water Castaways|