Benjamin "Ben" Henry (also known as Benry) is a contestant from Survivor: Nicaragua.
Despite being an outcast for the better part of the game, Benry continually set out to prove his loyalty to the majority, even willing to flip on his allies to get further in the game. However, his perceived untrustworthiness, combined with his potential to go on an immunity run, was deemed threatening by the dominant La Flor Alliance. In the end, he was blindsided in a 4-2-1 vote and he became the sixth member of the jury.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Ben "Benry" Henry (24)
Tribe: La Flor
Current Residence: Los Angeles, Calif.
Occupation: Club Promoter
Personal Claim to Fame: Running two businesses at such a young age.
Inspiration in Life: My father John Henry because of his success and business intelligence, and my friend Matt Oka who was paralyzed after a July 4 accident in 2008. His determination is my inspiration!
Hobbies: Snowboarding, landscaping and partying with hot girls.
Pet Peeves: Snoring, name droppers, and flakes!
3 Words to Describe You: Controlling, competitive, and crazy.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: The winners... They win!
Reason for being on Survivor: To dominate and show the world what it is like to be a champion.
Why you think you will be the Sole Survivor: Because if you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, you get paid good!
Benry began the game on the La Flor tribe, along with the other contestants under thirty years of age. By Day 6, the tribe had divided into two conflicting alliances, with Benry joining Shannon Elkins' group. However, at La Flor's first Tribal Council, Benry was irritated by Shannon's foul-mouthed statements and switched his vote to him. Despite voting for Shannon with the majority alliance, Benry remained an outsider on the tribe, but was not targeted due to his strength in challenges.
At the Day 13 Tribe Switch, Benry was transferred to the new Espada tribe. There, Benry and the other original La Flor members decided to stick together as a group. With the aid of Holly Hoffman and to a lesser extent Dan Lembo, Benry's alliance became the catalyst of the eliminations of Tyrone Davis and Yve Rojas.
When the tribes merged into Libertad on Day 19, Benry was immediately targeted for elimination because of his strength in Immunity Challenges. Needing allies, Benry joined Marty Piombo's all-male alliance after the men (minus Chase Rice) won the Day 23 Reward Challenge. However, they were thwarted by Chase and Sash Lenahan, who joined the women in eliminating Marty. After Marty's elimination, Chase lobbied to eliminate Benry (whom he felt untrustworthy). Luckily for Benry, the rest of the tribe voted off Brenda Lowe instead.
Following NaOnka Mixon and Kelly Shinn's voluntary departures from the game, Benry (along with Fabio Birza and Dan) decided to reassemble the all-male alliance. After Chase left camp with his allies for a reward, Benry's alliance approached Sash about voting with them at the upcoming Tribal Council. Upset with Chase for not picking him for the reward, Sash agreed.
After returning to camp, Chase apologized to Sash, telling him that he wanted to go to the Final Tribal Council with him and Holly, agreeing to vote out Jane Bright. Chase then went to Benry and told him that he intended to vote out Jane. Benry was fine with this, telling Chase that he would be willing to vote out Fabio instead. Upon learning of this, Sash told Chase and Holly that Benry was lying about voting for Fabio, telling them about his talk with Benry when Chase had left for reward. When Benry joined the conversation, the three told him that they intended to vote off Fabio, which Benry agreed to as well. Unfortunately for Benry, the majority alliance deemed Benry too untrustworthy to continue, blindsiding him in a 4-2-1 vote at Tribal Council that night. Benry became the sixth member of the jury.
At the Final Tribal Council, Benry ignored Chase. He praised Fabio for his consecutive immunity wins and described his game as "savage", but said that he needed to hear from the other jurors to determine if he wanted to vote for him. Benry then asked Sash why he was a target throughout the latter half of the game. Sash replied by saying that he viewed Benry a solid player and feared that Benry would not take him to the end. Benry ultimately cast his vote for Fabio to be the Sole Survivor.
|Benry's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|3||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|4||La Flor Tribe Immune|
|7||Espada Tribe Immune|
|13||Fabio|| Chase, Holly,|
|Voted Out, Day 32|
| Voted For|
- Benry opened sports bars in Santa Monica and Los Angeles along with Silas Gaither.
- Since October 2014, Benry has been an Associate Broker for Four Star Realty in the Greater Denver Area.
- Benry was cast on Survivor when he a met a casting agent searching for potential players under 30 at his workplace.
- Benry's nickname is a portmanteau of his first and last name.
- Benry's 24th birthday was on Day 12 of Nicaragua.
- Benry is the only original male La Flor member to be a part of the jury. Shannon Elkins was voted out pre-jury, and Fabio Birza, Chase Rice, and Sash Lenahan all reached the Final Tribal Council.
- Upon arriving in Ponderosa, the medical staff was forced to see Benry's hand due to a large blister caused by a severe burn just days before. He lost 34.7 lbs.
- Benry is the brother of Flick Egginton's partner. She received some inside tips from him before she competed on Australian Survivor (2016).
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/44270/
- ↑ https://www.linkedin.com/in/benry26
- ↑ https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-ben-benry-henry-talks-about-survivor-nicaragua--11794.php
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtmSffahEb4
- ↑ https://10play.com.au/australian-survivor/participants/season-1/flick/pa191010vtygo
|Survivor: Nicaragua Castaways|