Alicia Rosa is a contestant from Survivor: One World.
Known for her sharp-tongued demeanor, as well as her delusions of being both well-liked by the other contestants and a strategic mastermind, Alicia founded the dominating all-female alliance of the season, had a confrontational relationship with Christina Cha whom she once bullied along with Colton Cumbie after blindsiding Monica Culpepper, and once incited controversy with an unflattering and questionable remark about her own special education students where she compared the way she "handles" her students and Christina. Despite operating under the impression that she was controlling the game, Alicia was consistently manipulated by eventual winner Kim Spradlin, even into giving up her power to Kim by helping her blindside Alicia's own ally Tarzan Smith, only to be blindsided by Kim herself the next day at the Final Five.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name (Age): Alicia Rosa (25)
Tribe Designation: Salani
Current Residence: Chicago, Ill.
Occupation: Special Ed Teacher
Personal Claim To Fame: Completing my Masters degree as I am the first in my family to do so.
Inspiration in Life: I have yet to find someone to call my hero. I just continue to strive and work hard so that one day I might be considered an inspiration to someone.
Hobbies: Singing, running and spending money.
Pet Peeves: Bad manners (burping, farting), rushing and people who talk about themselves.
3 Words to Describe You: Confident, funny and ambitious.
Survivor Contestant You Are Most Like: Jenna Morasca from season six because she was the under dog; though she wasn't necessarily strong but definitely a strategist.
Reason for Being on Survivor: I'll make good TV.
Why You Think You'll "Survive" SURVIVOR: I'm educated, intelligent and can strategize.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole Survivor: People will underestimate me because of my good looks and I will show everyone how powerful I can be by using them to my advantage.
Alicia began the game on the all-female Salani tribe, where she was quickly thrust into the majority alliance with Kim Spradlin, Chelsea Meissner, Kat Edorsson, and Sabrina Thompson. Alicia expressed negative feelings toward tribemate Christina Cha after she traded with the Manono tribe to get the girls fire and lobbied for Christina to be the first girl to go. Alicia referred to Christina as one of her "Special Needs" students.
Despite her wishes, Alicia voted with the majority at the first Tribal Council to send Nina Acosta home. After the Salani tribe was immune from the next two Tribal Councils, Alicia was swapped to Manono, with Christina, Monica Culpepper, Colton Cumbie, Leif Manson, Jonas Otsuji, and Tarzan Smith. The Manono tribe was clearly weaker, and the men had the numbers. Despite Colton telling the women who joined Manono he was with them, in reality he was really with the men. Alicia quickly joined with Colton to become the two leaders of the new Manono tribe. At the first Tribal Council, she and Colton sent Monica home despite Tarzan being less useful in challenges; Monica being voted out shocked both her and Christina. Colton and Alicia taunted Christina about her being the next one to go, and bullied her in front of the whole tribe. A few days later, Colton was evacuated due to appendicitis. He decided to keep his Hidden Immunity Idol as a souvenir rather than give it to Alicia, disappointing her.
Manono and Salani then merged into the new Tikiano tribe. Alicia rejoined Kim, Chelsea, Kat, and Sabrina, and the women systematically eliminated all of the men except for Tarzan, whom Alicia considered one of her pawns, along with Christina. Kim told Alicia that Kat should be blindsided next, and Alicia agreed, not wanting any of her pawns to be eliminated. The following vote, however, Kim convinced Alicia to vote out Tarzan, the last man, which effectively ended Alicia's control of the game. Alicia tried to get Kim to vote out Chelsea next, and go to the end with her and Christina. However, Kim stuck to her alliance. Alicia was then blindsided at the next Tribal Council.
As a juror, Alicia respected Kim's game play, and thought she played a similar game to herself. Alicia also told Kim that if she were sitting next to her, Kim would have been in trouble. She cast her vote, unsurprisingly, for Kim. Kim would receive six other votes and win the title of Sole Survivor.
|Alicia's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|3||Salani Tribe Immune|
|4||Salani Tribe Immune|
|14||Chelsea|| Chelsea, Kim,|
|Voted Out, Day 37|
| Voted for|
- On May 19, 2012, Alicia released a single entitled "Free" on iTunes.
- In August 2012, Alicia was in some trouble after she allegedly sent Survivor: Redemption Island contestant David Murphy scandalous text messages, angering the latter's fiance, Survivor: Tocantins contestant Carolina Eastwood. This incident caused Eastwood to call off her engagement with Murphy.
- On August 13, 2015, Alicia announced her engagement to boyfriend Mark Waller. They got married on January 21, 2017.
- On September 2, 2019, Alicia announced that she had breast cancer.
- Alicia's name is pronounced "A-lee-see-uh" (the way it is pronounced in Spanish).
- In a confessional featured in "Thanks for the Souvenir", fellow castaway Kat Edorsson stated that she had a dream in which Alicia had killed her in a shopping mall.
- Alicia lost 15 lbs. during her time in One World.
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81116/
- ↑ http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-world-kim-spradlin-winner-interview-alicia-kim-sabrina-christina.html
- ↑ https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1412569232087250&set=pb.100000025597960.-2207520000.1487727270.&type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2735906446420182&set=a.318901408120710&type=3
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-VvZQgkM6s
|Survivor: One World Castaways|