Alexis Jones is a contestant from Survivor: Micronesia.
The only member of the Black Widow Brigade to be voted out before a male, Alexis proved to be a strong physical and social player, both being in evident in her prowess in challenges and winning the Q and A challenge. Coupled with her close friendship with Natalie Bolton, she grew as a looming threat, forcing Amanda Kimmel and Parvati Shallow to vote her out after Amanda's successful Hidden Immunity Idol play.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Alexis Jones was born and raised in Austin, Texas, with four older brothers. She received her bachelor's degree in international relations and Spanish and most recently finished her master's degree in communications management, both from the University of Southern California. While at USC, Jones hosted a college television show (for three years) called "Doing It for Reel," where she interviewed celebrities on the red carpet of movie premieres and press junkets.
Jones is a motivational speaker who works one-on-one with young girls to build confidence and self-esteem. She just created an empowerment/non-profit organization for young girls called "I Am That Girl." While still in school, she worked at Fox Sports and interned with ESPN (mostly because she is a self-described "sports junky"). She also founded and reported for a website that covered the 2005 USC football season.
Her hobbies include hanging out with family and friends, writing (she's currently working on an empowerment book for girls titled "Comatose Barbie") and watching college football. She describes herself as contagiously energetic, fiercely competitive and resilient. She has traveled to Costa Rica, Spain, China and Morocco and has hiked 150 miles to the base of Mt. Everest. She is a member of the Bel Air Presbyterian Church. Jones enjoys playing volleyball, flag football, soccer and has just completed a triathlon.
Jones is currently single and resides in Beverly Hills, California. Her birth date is July 6, 1983.
Alexis was placed on the Airai tribe consisting of "diehard" Survivor fans. She quickly got along with her tribe from the start, and she was initially on the right side of the numbers. However, she was involved in Mary Sartain's blindside on Day 6 after Joel Anderson wanted her gone because of how close she and Mikey Bortone were and how controlling Mikey was trying to be. The next time Airai went to Tribal Council on Day 11, Alexis and Jason Siska stayed loyal to Mikey and were caught off guard when Joel blindsided Mikey instead of voting out the weaker Chet Welch.
After the tribe switch on Day 13, Alexis remained on Airai with Jason, Kathy Sleckman, and Natalie Bolton, and was excited to have Jonathan Penner, Parvati Shallow, James Clement, and Eliza Orlins join them. The Favorites gave the Fans a lot of advice and renovated the disastrous Airai camp. Airai would never have to go to Tribal Council, allowing Alexis to make it to the merge, but not without finding herself in Parvati's new alliance along with Natalie. Once the merge hit and the tribes merged into the Dabu tribe, those three would reunite with Cirie Fields and Amanda Kimmel to form the Black Widow Brigade.
Alexis was in a good position thanks to her alliance, despite Amanda initially wanting to vote her out since she became quick friends with Amanda's de facto boyfriend Ozzy Lusth, but that was no longer a problem when the Black Widow Brigade, minus Amanda and with the help of Jason, blindsided Ozzy on Day 27. The girls continued to dominate the game until the final 6. Erik Reichenbach won the Immunity Challenge on Day 33, meaning a member of the Black Widow Brigade would have to be voted out. Alexis, Natalie, and Erik all agreed that Amanda was a threat that needed to go, and Cirie decided to go with them, not wanting to force a tie. Amanda desperately tried to get people to vote out Alexis because of her chances of winning at the Final Tribal Council, especially due to Alexis's job as a motivational speaker. The majority of the votes were cast against Amanda, but unfortunately for Alexis, Amanda gleefully revealed she had a Hidden Immunity Idol and played it; Alexis was thus voted out with two votes against her. She finished in 6th place.
At the Final Tribal Council, Alexis asked finalists Parvati about what made her a better role model for young girls than Amanda, and Amanda about what part of her game was genuine. She voted for Parvati to win.
|Alexis's Voting History|
| Voted Against|
|1||Airai Tribe Immune|
|3||Airai Tribe Immune|
|5||Airai Tribe Immune|
|6||Airai Tribe Immune|
|7||Airai Tribe Immune|
|8||Airai Tribe Immune|
|12|| ||Amanda, Parvati|
|Voted Out, Day 33|
| Voted for|
^1 In "I'm Gonna Fix Her!", Amanda used a Hidden Immunity Idol, negating Alexis's vote against her.
- On January 9, 2010, Alexis attended Survivor's 10-year anniversary party.
- Alexis's first book "I Am That Girl" was published on March 18, 2014.
- Alexis appeared on the New York version of the TLC series Say Yes to the Dress in September 2014.
- Alexis married Bradley Buckman in 2015.
- In 2017 and 2018, she appeared in the Netflix specials 13 Reasons Why: Beyond the Reasons 
- In 2018, Alexis was awarded the National Jefferson Award for "Outstanding Public Service 35 Years or Under".
- When Alexis decided to compete on Survivor, she learned that she missed the application deadline. Undeterred, Alexis used various connections to find the location for the selection of potential contestants. After talking her way into the building, Alexis was able convince casting to chose her.
- Alexis is the youngest woman of the original Airai tribe.
- Alexis is the only member of the Black Widow Brigade to be outlasted by a man.
- Alexis lost 20 lbs. during her time in Micronesia.
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/107/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ5_o4vGO6g
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Am-That-Girl-Discover-bethatgirl/dp/0989322289/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391028421&sr=8-1&keywords=alexis+jones
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/kHjBYgqTGE/
- ↑ http://gallery.wonderful-sophia-bush.fr/thumbnails.php?album=1003
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry-TOaM2Kfk
- ↑ http://www.jeffersonawards.org/past%20winners/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCGpeLFe8jI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UiQR0i-NbE
|Survivor: Micronesia Castaways|