Though comprised of Survivor "superfans" who who have deep knowledge of the game, Airai suffered due to their inexperience and internal strife between its younger and older members. They only won them two of the first six challenges and found themselves at the mercy of the Favorites after the Tribe Switch. Turning on each other, the Fans entered the merge with a 6-4 deficit. Their tribe color is orange.
|1||First to Shore||Immunity||None||Kathy1||None||Tribe Immune|
|Reinventing the Wheel||Reward/Immunity||None||Won|
|2||Smash and Grab||Reward/Immunity||Kathy||Lost||Kathy||Mary
|2nd Voted Out|
|3||Beach Bash||Reward||None||Won||Kathy||Tribe Immune|
|4||Diver Down||Reward||Chet||Lost||Kathy||Mikey B.
|4th Voted Out|
|Tribes Switched, Day 12|
|5||Cat and Mouse||Reward||None||Won||None2||Tribe Immune|
|A Stone's Throw||Immunity||None||Won|
|6||Build It Up, Break It Down||Reward||Natalie||Won||Jason||Jonathan
|United We Stand||Immunity||None||Won||Tribe Immune|
|What-er Drag||Immunity||None||Won||Tribe Immune|
|Tribes Merged, Day 22|
^1 Individual Immunity Challenge.
^2 For the Fans and the Favorites to get to know each other, no one was sent to Exile Island after the Reward Challenge.
^3 Jonathan was medically evacuated over a severely infected wound. No vote occurred for his removal.
^4 Kathy elected to quit the game due to depression and boredom. No vote occurred for her removal.
^5 Before the challenge, the tribe were asked to send one member of the opposing tribe to Exile Island. The chosen player did not compete in the challenge and was given individual immunity if their tribe lost. Malakal chose Ozzy.
^6 Because the challenge required only 4 competing players, Airai had to choose another member to sit out. They chose Parvati.
|Original Tribes||Switched Tribes|
|Vote||—||6-2-2||—||6-3||—||No vote1||—||No vote2||—||—|
|►►||Erik||—||Mary||—||Mikey B.||On Malakal|
|►||Tracy||—||Mary||—||Mikey B.||On Malakal|
|►||Chet||—||Mary||—||Mikey B.||On Malakal|
|►||Joel||—||Tracy||—||Mikey B.||On Malakal|
- Airai and Malakal are the first tribes in Survivor history to have ten members on Day 1.
- Airai is the first starting tribe to contain multiple LGBT contestants: Chet Welch and Natalie Bolton.
- Airai lived at the same camp used by Koror in Palau.
- One of the competing tribes in the second season of Survivor Philippines was also named Airai, whose tribe color was also orange. Its rival tribe was Koror (which also had a U.S. counterpart, though with a different tribe color).
- Erik Reichenbach returned for the second "Fans vs. Favorites" season Survivor: Caramoan, but this time as a Favorite.