Just when things were looking up, it all came crashing down.
Just when things were looking up, it all came crashing down.
I'm rooting for Kellee now.
Noura's still crazy.
Elaine's still awesome.
I have a newfound respect for Jamal and Jack, and a newfound respect for the editors for featuring that moment in the episode.
I really like how these votes are never set in stone. It’s the perfect element of surprise this season needed.
Those Vokais got knocked off their high horses pretty hard.
Detective Dean should probably look more into the case of the editor who decided to give him little screentime early on. This guy's worth all the screentime he gets.
Missy and Michaela would make one hell of a duo.
Hooray for no unnecessary third tribe!
I love Elaine.
This was the most enthusiastic reward reveal I’ve ever seen. Hooray for Applebee's in Fiji.
If I ever go on Survivor I hope I can wrestle like Elaine and Missy did.
No IOI this week. I suppose that’s a good thing.
I kinda knew Karishma wouldn’t go home considering how much attention she got from the edit.
Noura claims she has a lot to think about the vote yet she doesn’t even have a vote (still hilariously crazy as ever).
Well, it’s not so much Vokai strong as Naviti strong was, but you can at least see everyone willing to blur the lines at least a bit.
For some strange reason, I thought coming in the season if there were a Purple Edit, it’d be Kellee. I couldn’t have been more wrong.
Dean's coming out of the purple, but not in a very good way.
Man, Jamal better watch out before he lands on the island of hubris.
Noura's eyes are gonna be the death of me.
Noura had to convince all of them to make her the caller and they all decided to sit her out. I can’t breathe.
Missy's gonna be a dope villain, I can see it.
Moral of the story: Never say you love blindsides.
Btw I tried to take a decent pic of the screen (failed) also I do not like Nora
Jamal still going at it with the bad read on what’s going on around him. He’s doomed.
Man, nobody went to Karishma's aid? Or is that just what the edit wanted us to believe?
Man, even when Dean gets a confessional it’s at a low point for him.
I wonder what that bad dream was all about. Maybe they voted off Dave?
This challenge was a pretty good idea. I love the idea of the teeter totter.
Vince's perception sure isn’t as good as he made it out to be. Probably should’ve gone for the strip search.
I'm so fucked this season (lol)
1 - Kellee (28 points)
2 - Chelsea (19)
3 - Aaron (14)
4 - Tom (13)
5 - Jason (12)
6-7 - Noura/Tommy (10)
8-11 - Jack/Missy/Lauren/Jamal (9)
12 - Elaine (7)
13 - Vince (6)
14 - Janet (5)
15-18 - Elizabeth/Dean/Karishma/Dan (3)
19 - Molly (-18)
1st - RedDragon1024 (128 points)
2nd - CHEWBACCA 109 (125)
3rd - ChefLaur/CrimsonRedGhoul/PrincePretty (122)
4th - WreakerOfClash (121)
5th - ManaphyIsLife (118)
6th - TribalChants (117)
7th - Ivanornels (116)
8th - iightpink1/WhalesAreAwesome! (113)
9th - Puppy119 (110)
10th - SavaiiSurvivor (108)
Kinda iffy about changing the "Previously on Survivor" to what’s essentially "Tonight on Survivor". Better than nothing I guess.
Chelsea finding an idol out of nowhere reassured that this season's women are gonna be a blast.
I really gotta start looking past the obvious with these previews. A few minutes into the actual episode I felt confident Noura wouldn’t leave tonight.
Another case of "We totally thought we had an early established majority but really we're too confident to see how this might never work at all because the perceived minority is much smarter than we thought". That’s twice this season.
Brett—I mean Dean is so much fun to not watch.
Down with Jamal.
Really liking this cast so far. Hoping they deliver further down the line.
Hats off to Elaine for getting the target off her back so quickly.
I think Dan will have a tough time blending in, especially with the women.
Ronnie wasn't that bad for a first boot, at least he didn't try and have an open forum.
I can't help but compare Rob and Sandra in the tribal council booth like they were to pro sports commentators. Except with a lot less commentary.
Because I didn't make the Top 10 after performing so well last two seasons (because I replaced Missy with Ronnie of all people dammit), the Fantasy League is officially cancelled. Just kidding! lol
1) Elizabeth (17 points)
2) Elaine (16)
3-4) Noura and Tommy (15)
5-7) Jack, Jason and Missy (14)
8) Vince (13)
9-10) Chelsea and Tom (12)
11-13) Janet, Kellee and Lauren (11)
14) Molly (10)
15-17) Karishma, Aaron and Dean (9)
18-19) Dan and Jamal (8)
20) Ronnie (-23)
THIS WEEK'S TOP TEN
1) CHEWBACCA 109 (76 points)
2) CrimsonRedGhoul (74)
3) RedDragon1024 (David vs. Goliath Fantasy League winner; 73)
4) ChefLaur (72)
5) TubbzyWubbzy (63)
6) PokeboyWither and SavaiiSurvivor (62)
7) PrincePretty (59)
8) AriSebDT and Ivanornels (58)
9) Sinjoh and TribalChants (56)
10) AllYourFavorites, Brooklyn survivor, Marcluis1234 (55)
Note: If you applied and don't see your name on the Excel file below, that means you didn't follow my instructions on how to send your draft, so save me your complaints.https://www.dropbox.com/s/60qoeq7y99qzhc8/S39%20Fantasy%20League.xlsx?dl=0
a) Non-participants (i.e. those who didn't sign up for the fantasy league preseason) are not allowed to answer. Violators will be dealt with accordingly. I've dealt with illiterates last season so don't try with me this time.
b) Answer these questions as you please. You may strategically plan your answers. For example: You may choose to answer "no" to Question 9 but still answer Question 10, just in case someone does find the idol.
c) You may switch answers as long as you inform me.
d) If the answer to a question is spoiled in midweek teasers, that question will be voided.
1. (+3) Which tribe will win the first Immunity Challenge, Lairo or Vokai?
2. (+5) Who will be the first person to be sent to the Island of the Idols? Give two names, one from the Lairo tribe, and another from the Vokai tribe.
3. (+3) Will this person take the mentors' challenge?
4. (+5) Will this person win the mentors' challenge?
5. (+2) What advantage will this person receive for winning?
6. (+4) What would be the first mentors' challenge?
7. (+5) Who will say the episode title? Idol/advantage clues/notes, Tree Mail, or Jeff Probst are also allowable answers.
8. (+10) Who will be voted out? Give two names, one from Lairo, and another from Vokai.
9. (+3) Will someone find the Hidden Immunity Idol?
10. (+5) Who will find the Hidden Immunity Idol? Give two names, one from Lairo, and another from Vokai. If both choices do find an idol by any chance, +10 for you!
You have 24 hours before the premiere (EST) to answer.
First off, happy cast reveal day!
Applications for the Survivor: Island of the Idols Fantasy League is now officially open!
To join the fantasy league:
1) Comment down below (in alphabetical order) the four players you wish to root for. Keep in mind that a group of four may only be repeatedly chosen four times. Any succeeding repeats will not be honored.
2) If you wish to switch, you may do so, but state that you're disregarding your previous draft before submitting a new one.
3) If you have questions, feel free to message me.
4) Deadline of applications is on September 24, 11:59pm EST. Bonus questions will be posted September 19, 11:59pm EST.
Refer to this link for the complete rules and regulations.
On the surface thoughts:
1) We have a surprisingly racially diverse group of castaways this year.
2) We have a good group of strong women (we know Probst doesn't like that because he loves his men). "Strong" could either mean they're a good bunch of smart, calculated women or they're a good bunch of loudmouths who will talk themselves home.
3) Canadians where?
4) Interesting that the mentors are wearing Buffs from their winning seasons. Are those actually theirs or were they provided by production?
Cast assessment later this week. I am away for a workshop where finding a wifi signal is not easy.
Hello, Ian here! Survivor 39 is upon us, and it's time for another Fantasy League here in Survivor Wiki. Here are the tentative rules and point system.
1. Each participant must have a Wikia account. If you don't have one, sign up now.
2. Each participant will choose four (4) castaways to root for.
3. A major change from previous Fantasy Leagues held on Survivor Wiki, repetitions of drafts among participants will be allowed for this season, but only FOUR TIMES. Any repetition after the fourth will not be honored (so change ASAP!). I reserve the right to disqualify participants if such repetitions are found during the season run. I have a 9-5 job, so I couldn't be as keen as expected even if I wanted to. Please be considerate.
4. Sockpuppetry (defined by Wikia as having multiple accounts that pose as different people) is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Anyone who is caught having sockpuppets will be disqualified from the league and may not participate for the rest of the season.
5. Bonus questions will be posted 2-3 days after the episode. In the event that a scene from a mid-week teaser spoils major information about the episode, pertinent questions may be disregarded.
+1 per confessional aired
-2 if zero confessionals
+3 if episode title
Note 1: If a confessional is segmented in different parts but all are featured in one scene, it still counts as one.
Note 2: Behind the Scenes confessionals will not be included in the tally. Only those aired on TV will.
B) CAMP LIFE
+2 collected water from the well
+2 fished or collected any form of food
+2 helped build or repaired the shelter
+3 collected wood
+4 made or helped made fire (regardless if successful or not)
Note: Points will only be counted once. If say a player is seen collecting wood in different times during the episode, both scenes will only earn the player +3, not +6.
+2 won a standalone Reward Challenge OR received reward following a forfeit
+3 won a standalone Immunity Challenge OR received immunity following a forfeit
+5 won a combined Reward/Immunity Challenge OR received reward and immunity following a forfeit
+1 invited for reward
-2 forfeited a standalone Reward Challenge
-3 forfeited a standalone Immunity Challenge
-5 forfeited a combined Reward/Immunity Challenge
Note 1: "Forfeit" - either won the challenge but gave the prize up or surrendered mid-challenge.
Note 2: In case of a combined Reward/Immunity Challenge more than two tribes and only the first placing tribe won reward, only that tribe gets +5. The second placing tribe only gets +2.
D) HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOLS AND ADVANTAGES
+1 obtained a clue to an idol/advantage
+3 obtained an idol/advantage with a clue
+5 obtained an idol/advantage without a clue
+1 played an idol/advantage, but not didn't affect the outcome of the vote
+3 used an idol/advantage correctly
+4 correctly used an idol/advantage on someone else
-3 eliminated with an unused idol/advantage
+2 made a fake idol
-1 obtaining a fake idol
-2 played a fake idol (if played for someone else, only the victim will get deductions).
+2 for the creator of the fake idol maker if victim unwittingly played the fake idol
+2 kept an idol/advantage past the final opportunity to play it
E) TRIBAL COUNCIL
+2 voted for the eventual boot
+2 received no votes (idol-users and individual immunity holders do not count)
+3 survived Tribal Council without any form of immunity
+1 selected by the Day 38 immunity winner to be part of the final three
+3 won the Day 38 fire-making challenge.
-20 left the game due to illness, injury or family emergency (either quit or medevac)
-25 voted out/lost rock draw/lost the Day 38 fire-making challenge
-30 quit the game due to lack of will to continue or being disqualified
F) FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL
+3 for the juror seen talking in the revamped open forum FTC format
+5 for the juror who voted for the eventual winner
+10 zero-vote finalist(s)
+20 finished third for the second runner-up (with jury votes)
+30 finished second (with jury votes )
+50 won the game
Note: In case of a joint runner-up situation, if both zero-vote finalists, both will receive +10. If both received votes, both will receive +30.
-5 absent or walked off set
-2 did not speak at the reunion
+3 spoke at the reunion
H) ISLAND OF THE IDOLS
+2 banished to the Island of the Idols
+3 took and passed the mentors' test
-3 took and failed the mentors' test
0 refused to take the mentors' test
Should there be any loopholes in the point system, feel free to comment. While almost final, the moderator (me) reserves the right to make revisions if need be, but rest assured fairness will remain.
Once the cast and the Island of the Idols format are officially out, we will open applications the soonest time possible.